Really loved the setting of this Hotel. Warm and great atmosphere. We had heard fantastic reports of the cuisine being offered at the hotel. The Steak pie made with short crust pastry was fantastic. Massive portion size! Superb for a hearty appetite after a long walk. On the other hand...the vegetarian haggis was a great disappointment! More like a value nut roast. Sorry! Really not worth the price we paid. We did visit a second time for food. The steak pie was just as good as the first time. Salmon fish cakes were as disappointing as the veg Haggis. Very little salmon mixed with mash potato. Again not worth the £10.95! I suppose they can charge what they want as there are not many other places to eat in the near vicinity. If you are a meat lover, you will love it. If you are a veggie, then.......???
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strands Inn & Micro Brewery Mark and Lesley Corr welcome everybody to our Friendly Public Houses with Accommodation which we have been running the Strands Inn successfully since June 2006 with comfortable rooms serving full English breakfast. We are in the process of purchasing the Screes Inn since April 2017 hopefully contracts completed by May (watch this space) The Srcees Inn (From May 2017) Accommodation consists of 6 doubles 1 twin 2 family rooms The Strands Accommodation consists of 2 singles 8 doubles 4 twins and can be accommodating to turn a couple of their rooms into family rooms. We have public bars where we serve our own cask ales which we brew in our Micro Brewery, and we have large selection of Whiskeys and the amount of Gins are growing with the popularity which has been growing over the last couple of years We celebrate every year our Cask Ales with our Beer Festival which is just our Cask Ales on the following Weekend after the first May Bank Holiday. Which we started in 2007. We Serve food in several areas of the Strands Inn from 12 noon everyday until 9pm and on Sundays until 8pm Because our Free Fun Quiz Starts at 8:30pm on the Sunday. Dogs are welcome in our bars areas but, Sorry, we do not have any dogs stay in our bedrooms. The Screes Inn which is opposite our Strands Inn. the Bar will be open and we will be serving a different choice of food. Hope to see you soon Thank you Lesley and Mark Corr ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Strands Inn & Strands Brewery reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strands Hotel Nether Wasdale
- The Strands Inn & Strands Brewery Nether Wasdale, Cumbria