We zeroed in on the Strands after seeking a place off the beaten track in the Lake District so as to avoid the crowds. The well manicured lawns and preserved quaint towns fade out when you cross into the western lakes and its grassy remoteness is awe inspiring. Quite rainy compared to the other side but just nature and you and the other hikers. Very little road traffic which makes it an escape.
The owners and staff at the strand couldnt be more friendly and accommodating. That said, the rooms need more investment and rejuvenation - showers, carpets, key holes, paintjob, cleaning etc would go a long way here. This is not a place to take any remotely high maintenance person.
The pub is a nice place to relax after hiking. I would comment that the service was very good in terms of timing even under crowded conditions. The food was basic and very mediocre, (trying hard) and no bargain to offset this.
All of the above said, we had a great time and location can't be beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strands Inn & Micro Brewery Mark and Lesley Corr welcome everybody to our Friendly Public Houses with Accommodation which we have been running the Strands Inn successfully since June 2006 with comfortable rooms serving full English breakfast. We are in the process of purchasing the Screes Inn since April 2017 hopefully contracts completed by May (watch this space) The Srcees Inn (From May 2017) Accommodation consists of 6 doubles 1 twin 2 family rooms The Strands Accommodation consists of 2 singles 8 doubles 4 twins and can be accommodating to turn a couple of their rooms into family rooms. We have public bars where we serve our own cask ales which we brew in our Micro Brewery, and we have large selection of Whiskeys and the amount of Gins are growing with the popularity which has been growing over the last couple of years We celebrate every year our Cask Ales with our Beer Festival which is just our Cask Ales on the following Weekend after the first May Bank Holiday. Which we started in 2007. We Serve food in several areas of the Strands Inn from 12 noon everyday until 9pm and on Sundays until 8pm Because our Free Fun Quiz Starts at 8:30pm on the Sunday. Dogs are welcome in our bars areas but, Sorry, we do not have any dogs stay in our bedrooms. The Screes Inn which is opposite our Strands Inn. the Bar will be open and we will be serving a different choice of food. Hope to see you soon Thank you Lesley and Mark Corr ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HostelWorld so you can book your The Strands Inn & Strands Brewery reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strands Hotel Nether Wasdale
- The Strands Inn & Strands Brewery Nether Wasdale, Cumbria