“Great Getaway”

Rosegarth Guest House
Ranked #1 of 5 Ravenglass B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Yet another fantastic stay at Rosegarth Guest House so glad I returned and another lovely room and breakfast made for a perfect get away highly recommend to all I always leave wishing I could stay longer I am already wanting to book my next visit thanks again

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Rosegarth Guest House

Reviewed 18 March 2014

3rd time I have stayed at the Rosegarth and enjoyed each visit. Stayed with my wife in the deluxe room and it didn't disappoint.
Lovely views over the estuary, well appointed room with a very comfy bed and lovely bed linen, the en-suite was excellent with a superb shower over the bath.
The proprietor is very friendly and chatty and makes a great breakfast, full english or there are alternatives if you wish.
Free parking at the rear is also a bonus.
If I get the chance in the future I will make it 4 visits.

Room Tip: Just make sure you opt for a room with a view of the estuary
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My wife and I have just spent a long weekend at the Rosegarth, not our first and definitely not our last. Any guests will be given a welcome second to none by Neil, the owner, and now also daughter Jess. The breakfasts cannot be bettered, with service to match. We have stayed in differing rooms in the past, and this visit was just as pleasurable with all room facilities top class. Do not expect the Ritz or indeed Ritz prices ( early deals are there for the taking at present). This is the kind of country guest house that has changed little in it's outlook or approach, but has been maintained to a high standard. The views from the estuary rooms are spectacular, especially early morning and evening sunsets. The Ravenglass village is a trip back in time, with local attractions, The Ratty Steam Railway (5 minute walk) one of the best of it's type in the country, and of course you will be only a short drive away from the wonderful Lakes. Muncaster Castle is a great day out, just about 10-15 minute walk away.

Room Tip: Look to the estuary view rooms if possible....but if not available don't let that put you off.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful trip to this idyllic guest house a wonderfully decorated room with stunning sea views and a generous breakfast I am looking forward to my next visit!The owners have lots of helpful local knowledge and wish we could have stayed longer

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 December 2013

The Rosegarth is a lovely B&B very close to the train station with great views over the estuary. The hospitality is warm and friendly, lovely breakfast (for a meat eater - I can't speak for the vegetarian option!) and my room was delightful with a well-appointed bathroom and very comfortable bed. Overall, excellent value for money.

I was up for a wedding so not sure when I'll be in this part of the world again but my parents are going to add this place to their list of B&Bs to use when they're up in the Lakes. :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Donna W
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The location is particularly convenient for the main-line railway station and the narrow gauge Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway (which my husband was visiting), and Neil made him very welcome. The breakfast was excellent, and the view from his room (No, 6) stunning.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mayso
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I/we have stayed at Rosegarth several times, as a couple without dogs and for me with the dogs. The last 2 times I stayed we were in the family room in the eaves, which had plenty of space for the dogs on the floor.

It's beautiful here. The setting of Rosegarth overlooking the 'village green' and Mite/Irt estuary is great at the best of times, but is a perfect canvas for impressive sunset views. The guest house itself benefits from an excellent tea rom open during the day and the last time I was here I was amazed at the size of the scones - they were like young cakes! (It does get breezy on the front so be prepared for you to occasionally sit at the tea rooms with your coat on even in bright sunshine). The village is tiny, quaint and charming and you have the choice of the Holly House (basic pub) the Ratty Arms (drinks and plentiful, good, solid food) and the Pennington if you wish to go up market.

Neil is an excellent host and we feel at home here. Rosegarth is clean, tidy and neat, but comfortable and homely too. We love it. If we are coming to this area we always check to see if Rosegarth has rooms. It's also great having such a lovely place which is dog friendly. I don't eat breakfast so I can't comment on the food, but the coffee is good and Neil will also arrange sandwiches for a day out on the fells. I ate a Rosegarth bacon butty on top of Harter Fell last year :)

A great guest house in a great location. What more could you want?

Room Tip: If a light(ish) sleeper / early to bedder bring ear plugs for the rooms at the front of the guest ho...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ravenglass
The Pennington
Irton Hall B&B
Irton Hall B&B
#3 of 10 in Eskdale
Muncaster Country Guest House

Been to Rosegarth Guest House? Share your experiences!