“Great little find for a cuppa”

and 1 more site!
Rosegarth Guest House
Ranked #1 of 5 Ravenglass B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We had a walk around Ravengalss and found this little gem on the way back to the car. Sat outside, as we had the dog, but the views were spectacular, friendly staff who stopped for a chat and the fruit scones are amazing.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqui I

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We were a group of 4 Chinese students and it was our first time in lake district. Since we were not familiar with the road from Ambleside to Ravenglass, we followed the google navigation which lead to a big late in checkin. The owner was waiting for us late even though it was good Friday. The first thing that impressed us was the beautiful sunset from our room as well as very homey and tasty settings in our room. The corridor was decorated very classy(see my photos) as well.
Very comfy bed, very considerate accessories in the room including extra blanket, cotton balls, good shampoo, conditioner and bath gel, cookies, biscuits, 8 types of tea, hot chocolate, coffee and everything.
The breakfast was big and very yummy, good quality and perfect service.
Also thanks for the recommendation of live music in the pub, we ended up singing a Chinese song with the lead singer which was a bonus of the night. Thanks so much.

Room Tip: I was in room 4 which was beautiful.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Our room was lovely and as described. The owner Neil, was lovely and extremely helpful as were his staff. The B+B is in a lovely location. The breakfast was first class! I'm sure I put on half a stone in 3 days. We'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We booked into the family room for one night (Good Friday), wish we could have stayed longer! The guest house is also Tea rooms, so it was a hive of activity on our arrival and yet staff were extremely warm and welcoming and we were promptly shown our room. The room was clean and well equipped, and the boys were made up as they had their bedroom off to one side, even though there is no door they still loved it! The views are so lovely from the room,and it is a nice quiet, relaxing place, so no worries about the kids going to bed (more the kids waking other people!) Very comfortable beds and a great shower and little luxuries are a nice touch. The proprietor is extremely friendly and welcoming, and was very kind in giving each of our children a little Easter treat, (and he also cooks a superb breakfast!!) Lots of things to do, with as little or as much as you wish to suit. We will definitely be going back, a really ideal, relaxing break. :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I had a lovely time they really made us welcome.It was a family trip with my parents as a birthday gift.The breakfasts where excellent and had really good nights sleep.They have just opened the new tea rooms and I would highly recommend.If you park in the car park next to station walk towards the main street in Ravenglass they are sign posted so you know where they are it is a small village so easy to find ideal lodging if you are taking a trip on the railway which we where.It is all and all a lovely place with plenty to do Rail, Muncaster Castle and gardens all within walking distance.Ratty arms inn which is situated just behind the rosegarth up the alley and across the car park reasonably priced evening meals.

Room Tip: I would recommend if you are travelling alone asking for room 5 lovely and comfy and excellent view...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Yet another fantastic stay at Rosegarth Guest House so glad I returned and another lovely room and breakfast made for a perfect get away highly recommend to all I always leave wishing I could stay longer I am already wanting to book my next visit thanks again

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2014

3rd time I have stayed at the Rosegarth and enjoyed each visit. Stayed with my wife in the deluxe room and it didn't disappoint.
Lovely views over the estuary, well appointed room with a very comfy bed and lovely bed linen, the en-suite was excellent with a superb shower over the bath.
The proprietor is very friendly and chatty and makes a great breakfast, full english or there are alternatives if you wish.
Free parking at the rear is also a bonus.
If I get the chance in the future I will make it 4 visits.

Room Tip: Just make sure you opt for a room with a view of the estuary
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple