“Very Expensive”
Review of Howgills Bakery and Tea Room - CLOSED

Howgills Bakery and Tea Room
Description: I can't find a website for the cafe, but it is a very good place. used to be called Ellies.
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I have been to this tea room on several occasions and have never had a reason to complain. However, today we visited for a cuppa and something to eat. I went to the counter to pay, only to find I am charged £6.20 for two mediocre sausage rolls! I do believe that is an outrageous amount to pay. As a result, we won't be returning.

2  Thank helendanny

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Pleasant cafe on the High St, good value, pot of tea and cake for under £3. I called in late on a Friday afternoon and my only negative comment would be that the manager and assistant were more interested in packing away and cashing up than taking my money and checking I'd enjoyed myself!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We bought bread and cakes from the bakery and were impressed with the variety, quality and freshness.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Spent a week in Sedbergh over Easter break and visited everyday - either to eat in after a walk or to buy lunch to take with us. The freshly baked hot cross buns were just lovely, and the pasties were the best I've had. Tried a few of the cakes - all delicious but by far our favourite was the bakewell slice (think bakewell pudding texture rather than cake - delicious!) Coffee and tea good and service very good. Might not be the quickest but nice to not be rushed for a change. Wish I lived closer.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I pleasant experience if you're looking for a hot drink and a great home made snack be it a hot pie, sandwich, beautiful home made scones with jam and cream, all served fresh and quickly at an affordable price. It's very small with only a few tables so if you see a space, dive in and snjoy.