“Great cottage!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Stable Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Melissa C
“Great cottage!”
Reviewed 17 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

I stayed at this cottage for two nights while exploring the Howgill fells and found it to be in a very good location, very clean, quiet, warm, cosy, and dog friendly all for an excellent price too. I definitely recommend it and would stay again. Good food at the Red Lion (also dog friendly) just a few doors down.

Date of stay: March 2017
mawalsh40
London, United Kingdom
“Very clean, Very cosy, very well equipped.”
Reviewed 3 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

The cottage, in a central spot of Sedbergh, was everything promised. Just open the door and start hiking. A great base for exploring.

Date of stay: December 2016
claire199...
Allithwaite, United Kingdom
“Christmas get away”
Reviewed 28 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

Lovely little cottage, we have a family in sedbegh and it was a perfect spot in order to spend Christmas with them. Amazing find and so central we will be back.

Date of stay: December 2016
AnneMarie...
“Very rude owner”
Reviewed 24 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We had a nice weekend staying Friday and Saturday nights in this pleasant cottage. We left at 10 o'clock Sunday morning as agreed. I received an unpleasant phone call in the afternoon from the owner telling me that I had outstayed my welcome! Apparently, her cleaner had been unable to gain admittance to the cottage because we were still there! I was in my kitchen cooking Sunday lunch for the family at the time.
No apology from the owner - we will definitely not be returning.

Date of stay: October 2016
Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
26 Oct 2016
Hi Anne Marie, Thank you for your review, I am very sorry about this situation. The phone call came on our part due to a misunderstanding regarding your departure from the cottage.
In fact, you were booked for two nights from Thursday 20th and therefore due to leave on the Saturday morning. These dates are referred to in the communications through Holiday Lettings prior to your visit to the cottage.
Whilst normally we would of course try to accommodate a situation such as this and we understand that mistakes do happen, on this occasion it caused us difficulty as we had arranged to have some work done at the cottage starting from Saturday 22nd. For that reason the date was blocked out on our availability calendar prior to your booking. Our cleaning lady had also booked off time from Sunday 23rd for a family holiday and so had planned to clean the cottage on the Saturday after your departure. As I am sure you can understand, we were very surprised to be told by her that you were expecting to stay until Sunday.
Once again I am very sorry for the phone call. We thought that you had arrived Thursday 20th and had stayed an extra night beyond what was agreed. Additionally there was a miscommunication between myself and the owner caused by the delayed arrival of text messages which led to us believing that you were still in the cottage on Sunday afternoon, resulting in the phone call. I apologise for any distress caused.
Rachel – Property Manager
exclusive...
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful cottage”
Reviewed 10 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Awesome cottage.Very clean nice & tidy.Owner was so friendly & very helpful.Highly recommended.So so happy.

Date of stay: October 2016
Marie P
“Great little cottage for two in very good location for exploring Dales”
Reviewed 1 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

An immaculately clean cottage, just right for a couple. Infinitely more preferable for relaxing than a hotel room. Good cafes for breakfast, lunch and a great pub for your evening meal in walking distance if you don't want to cook. A good location for exploring the top of the Dales and into the Lake District. Such good value price wise too

Date of stay: August 2016
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
ChrisG_UK...
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage right in the centre of Sedbergh”
Reviewed 3 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

Spent a couple of nights here to visit friends in the area. Ideal for my purposes, the cottage was clean and bright with good facilities i.e fridge, microwave, small TV, nice bathroom and comfy bed. I was pleased to find a bottle of milk in the fridge as I arrived after the shops had closed! The only slight negative is that parking in Sedbergh is limited. There is a pay and display close by which is free overnight and the following morning I managed to find a free space on the road just around the corner which suited me. All day at the pay and display was £4:00 if I remember correctly.
Overall I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this little cottage with plenty of character right in the middle of the beautiful village with three pubs in easy walking distance!

Date of stay: July 2016
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.