“Perfect place in the perfect location.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Stable Cottage

Dining area
Living area
Bedroom
Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 41 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Dianensyl...
“Perfect place in the perfect location.”
Reviewed 20 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

I booked this cottage as I wanted to walk in the Howgills. When I looked in more detail after booking, I realised I could walk from the front door, which was perfect after a long drive over on the friday night. When I arrived the cottage was exceptionally clean and fitted the description perfectly. Despite being a small cottage it feels really roomy. The car park for the village is just down the road. There were plenty of spaces there on the friday night and it is free until 9am. It was £4.50 to park for the day on saturday. I would definitely look at this again if I was returning to the area.

Roundthor...
Penrith, United Kingdom
“Cosy and comfortable”
Reviewed 26 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

In the heart of the village, very clean, well maintained, cosy and comfortable cottage. Has everything you could need.

Melissa C
“Great cottage!”
Reviewed 17 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

I stayed at this cottage for two nights while exploring the Howgill fells and found it to be in a very good location, very clean, quiet, warm, cosy, and dog friendly all for an excellent price too. I definitely recommend it and would stay again. Good food at the Red Lion (also dog friendly) just a few doors down.

mawalsh40
London, United Kingdom
“Very clean, Very cosy, very well equipped.”
Reviewed 3 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

The cottage, in a central spot of Sedbergh, was everything promised. Just open the door and start hiking. A great base for exploring.

Claire F
High Newton, United Kingdom
“Christmas get away”
Reviewed 28 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

Lovely little cottage, we have a family in sedbegh and it was a perfect spot in order to spend Christmas with them. Amazing find and so central we will be back.

AnneMarie...
“Very rude owner”
Reviewed 24 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We had a nice weekend staying Friday and Saturday nights in this pleasant cottage. We left at 10 o'clock Sunday morning as agreed. I received an unpleasant phone call in the afternoon from the owner telling me that I had outstayed my welcome! Apparently, her cleaner had been unable to gain admittance to the cottage because we were still there! I was in my kitchen cooking Sunday lunch for the family at the time.
No apology from the owner - we will definitely not be returning.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
26 Oct 2016
Hi Anne Marie, Thank you for your review, I am very sorry about this situation. The phone call came on our part due to a misunderstanding regarding your departure from the cottage.
In fact, you were booked for two nights from Thursday 20th and therefore due to leave on the Saturday morning. These dates are referred to in the communications through Holiday Lettings prior to your visit to the cottage.
Whilst normally we would of course try to accommodate a situation such as this and we understand that mistakes do happen, on this occasion it caused us difficulty as we had arranged to have some work done at the cottage starting from Saturday 22nd. For that reason the date was blocked out on our availability calendar prior to your booking. Our cleaning lady had also booked off time from Sunday 23rd for a family holiday and so had planned to clean the cottage on the Saturday after your departure. As I am sure you can understand, we were very surprised to be told by her that you were expecting to stay until Sunday.
Once again I am very sorry for the phone call. We thought that you had arrived Thursday 20th and had stayed an extra night beyond what was agreed. Additionally there was a miscommunication between myself and the owner caused by the delayed arrival of text messages which led to us believing that you were still in the cottage on Sunday afternoon, resulting in the phone call. I apologise for any distress caused.
Rachel – Property Manager
Exclusive...
“Wonderful cottage”
Reviewed 10 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Awesome cottage.Very clean nice & tidy.Owner was so friendly & very helpful.Highly recommended.So so happy.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing