“Rácano (Mean, very mean)”
Review of The Sedbergh Cafe - CLOSED

The Sedbergh Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$22
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: Award winning Tea Rooms located in the picturesque market town of Sedbergh, also England’s official Book Town (England’s equivalent of Hay-on-Wye), located in the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales National Park, only a few miles from the M6 motorway at Junction 37.We pride ourselves on our afternoon tea and in serving good, healthy home made cakes and food, baked and cooked in-house. We always bake our scones fresh at the tea room daily.The Sedbergh Café seats 58 people, welcomes cyclists, walkers, coach parties and is fully licensed. Free wireless Internet access is also provided, along with full disabled facilities.
Reviewed 20 September 2012

From outside it seems very nice and cosy. The menu is rather simple (& pricy) but nevertheless attractive. However, the portions are terribly small. I ordered a soup and got half a bowl with a tiny mini roll of bread. To drink I had dandelion & burdock and it also came in half a glass. As for the set menus they offered, I have never seen sandwiches with so little in them! Maybe they should be less bothered about where their custumers are from and be more concerned about how to make them come back.

2  Thank Masdecincuenta

Reviewed 2 September 2012

I didn't think this was the best cafe I have ever been to but it was fine. The three of us eating all had jacket potatoes which were reasonably priced though the salad accompaniment was probably not the largest or most original. I thought mine was pretty tasty, one companion said it was fine and the other found it a little dry so take your pick!

What struck me is that there were a number of local people in there which I would judge to be a recommendation and would imply to me decent food at a reasonable price. I didn't try to eat out anywhere else in Sedbergh town and whilst I might try somewhere else next time, I would not be unhappy to return.

It looks out onto the main street with the old church opposite. Some people might feel they are on view to the public; alternatively you can enjoy watching what is going on.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

With little choice of cafes in this area we chose to eat here. Nice menu selection with nice food but pricey so if you are with a family could be a costly snack!
Pleasant view from window seats and quite nice service.
Unfortunately last Sunday we went here and it was shut, although open later in the day.

1  Thank Audimadmike
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Out of all the cafes and "tea rooms" the Sedbergh cafe was most definately the best and is a genuine tea room. The service and politeness were second to none. The clean and well looked after seating area was excellent and pleasant to use. With free WiFi what more could you ask. Well,,,the food...excellent value, presented well..particularly the scrambled egg and bacon on toast... Nice views of the old church opposite. I would definately recommend it to anyone visiting Sedbergh...unless you would prefer a "greasy spoon" of which there are a couple in the town. Well done Chris and Nell..and of course the Staff. You may even see happy little Luca...he will light up your life.

F. F. London