“The perfect B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sedbergh
Bramaskew Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 11 Sedbergh B&B and Inns
W Sussex, UK
“The perfect B&B”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed at the Bramaskew B&B for one night during a Dales Way walking trip. After a very warm welcome from Janet we were shown our room - very spacious, large bed, TV & wifi etc etc, and with fabulous views over the surrounding countryside. Supper was really tasty, and very good value. We were made to feel very welcome throughout our visit and wouldn't hesitate to return when next in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Keighley
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this fabulous farm house B&B whilst walking the dales way. It is right on the route, 2 miles outside of Sedburgh. If you want to go into Sedburgh, a family member will taxi you in or pick you up. Alternatively you can eat there. We went into Sedburgh but if breakfast is anything to go by, dinner would be first class. Janet, her husband and girls gave us such a warm welcome- we sat in the sunshine in their beautiful garden on arrival looking at the stunning view and guzzling juice kindly offered by Janet. Most welcome after a long walk! The room was spacious, clean, comfy with a superb shower, products, everything you could ask for and for the money, I would say, far more than I would expect. We has a real laugh with the family and will certainly return to either their B&B or their self catering two bedrooms cottage which is also a complete bargain. Our best nights stay on the Dales Way and our cheapest. A no brainier.

• Stayed August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I stayed here my first night in England so that may have influenced my experience. To get to Bramaskew you have to go on a road so narrow that if you meet another car someone has to back up! The scenery was fantastic. This is clearly a private home where they rent a couple of rooms out. To be honest I found Janet more matter of fact than friendly-I stayed there July 20, which is the height of tourist season, so perhaps this made a difference. I had a brief talk with the farmer, since I had worked on farms in the US, and I learned a lot. Dinner was good but a little awkward for me. The family was having a barbeque on the front porch with some friends while I had dinner in an adjoining room. It didn't feel too homelike....I felt clearly like an outsider, and I had to wait awkwardly at the table between courses. (in fact I went up to my room after awhile). Had i realized that situation I would have had dinner in town. My experiences in pubs in Yorkshire was invariably welcoming and inclusive, far more than I would have thought. I am not really complaining, just including this info because this is the way I reacted to the situation...maybe it's just me. The next morning after breakfast (also very good) I did have a bit of a chat with Janet and felt like I had made more connection. The room was fine, and yes the shower very good. And i did like the fact that I could talk with real farmers and was on a genuine working farm.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank OrenRose
London, ON, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed at Bramaskew on June 4th while walking the Dales Way. This is one of the best B&B's I've stayed at, from the friendly welcome, the facilities and the lovely dinner. The room was spacious and very clean. The views of the Howgills from the bedroom window were spectacular, and fresh farm eggs at breakfast was a bonus.
If you plan on walking the Dales Way, or will just be in the area, I would highly recommend a stay at Bramaskew.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank LondonCitywalker
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

We have had lots of good places in this holiday however Bramaskew is truly fantastic. The setting is idyllic, especially on a sunny evening. Janet is genuinely welcoming and helpful. The rooms are well equipped and very comfortable.
Because the location is remote you'll want the evening meal, which was gorgeous. We had roast lamb, and the lamb was reared on the farm. Breakfast and the packed lunch were both fabulous.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank ChrisHesky
Liversedge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed at Bramaskew on the first night of our three day W2W cycling expedition, and I don't think we could have booked a better place to stay after a fairly taxing ride!

Despite arriving late, the evening meal that Janet had made for us was superb - we felt really spoiled!! The farmhouse and room was perfect, really comfortable and welcoming, and I think our bikes enjoyed the night in the barn! The room was very spacious, spotless, had everything we needed, and had a fab powerful shower. Breakfast again was lovely - it really does feel that Janet cares for her guests.

I felt sad to leave the next morning (it was raining heavily as well), having been looked after so well. I would definitely stay again and would recommend Bramaskew to anyone thinking of walking / cycling / holidaying in that area. A lovely, lovely place.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pam C
Ilkley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I recently got back from doing the Dales Way with my daughter (who sadly had to drop out due to horrendous blisters) from Bowness to Ilkley. This was easily the best place I stayed at en route. Janet (and her family) made us feel incredibly welcome-from the moment that she answered our SOS call due to my daughter being unable to walk a step further. Her cooking is to die for. The peace and tranquillity of the farmhouse setting in the beautiful Lune Valley is story book stuff. The room was very comfortable. I really appreciated the tea making facilities in the room and the shower in the ensuite bathroom is incredibly powerful - just the thing to take away those aches and pains from a hard day's walking. Thank you so much Janet. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank carolyns2ne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sedbergh
Thorns Hall
#3 of 11 in Sedbergh
The Dalesman Country Inn
The Dalesman Country Inn
#6 of 11 in Sedbergh

Been to Bramaskew Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!