“Good food with some unusual dishes”
Review of Aamilahs Ltd

Aamilahs Ltd
Ranked #9 of 19 Restaurants in Sedbergh
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

really tasty indian food, including some very unusual dishes (whole green pepper stuffed with lamb mince and roasted, for example). Good value

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

My mum & I ordered a takeaway from here on Wednesday night; I went for the chicken dhansak with mushroom rice, whilst my mum ordered the lamb dupiaza with vegetable rice. We also ordered a peshwari nan to share, and an onion bhaji each. The total cost was about £20.50 which was brilliant.

The food was ready within half an hour and the portions were great, with plenty of meat too. I left half my curry and rice for the next day but I found a half-portion to still be very filling. The curries were delicious, the rice was fab and packed with gorgeous mushrooms, the peshwari nan was heavenly and the bhaji was good too, and it came with salad and sauce.

I'd thoroughly recommend Aamilah's!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Had the good luck to find Aamilah's while holidaying in the area. Excellent food, decor, staff, etc. Only drawback is that it is not licensed which we were told immediately on entering and advised where we could purchase drinks to take in. If they get a licence it will be perfect

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Once every month I go out for a hill walk in the Dales and surrounding areas with a friend. The evening invariably ends up at a curry house. Since this one changed hands (and changed its name) earlier in the year it is transformed. The decor, the staff and the food are excellent. The menu has the most amazing selection of specials I have seen. You will find the best ever Peshwari Naan here! The only down side is no license so make sure you visit the Spar to get some wine or beer before you go.

1  Thank Trevor C
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We've eaten and had take out from here about once a fortnight since it opened. Food is always delicious, great variety in the menu. They are let down slightly by service, take away often takes twice as long as they state it will on the phone and eating in can require a great deal of patience. Wouldn't stop me going as the food is so good and service friendly but worth noting that you should book to arrive an hour or more before you hope to eat, arriving hungry will end in tears!!

2  Thank Kdb20141