“Excellent standards in Dalesman”

Dalesman Country Inn
Ranked #6 of 20 Restaurants in Sedbergh
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Recently stayed for three days in Sedbergh and had two meals at The Dalesman in that time. I had a veg pizza for £9.95 and a grilled sardines for £11.95, the first time I ever remember seeing that on a menu. Both were excellent in taste, quantity and value for money. The Wainwright beer was also excellent . My mother and two friends were equally pleased.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Ate here for evening meal and one lunchtime while visiting the area. For dinner or busy lunch times make sure you reserve a table - it's clearly a popular spot. Service is really good and all the food items we had were really tasty and well presented. BBQ short rib was delicious and the ploughman's for one is huge and lots of flavours. The pub and facilities are really clean and well presented and with quite a few choice of ales on (which my husband enjoyed sampling).

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We visited the Dalesman for a special dinner to mark the end of our long distance walk from Reeth to Sedbergh. We had visited originally in 2013 whilst completing the Dales Way so it made sense to return this year after the excellent experience twelve months earlier. Our return was a good call as the food failed to disappoint yet again. This really is a pleasant place to eat. On a Friday evening, there is a great atmosphere. The Dalesman is nicely decorated and has a very cosy feel. There is an extensive menu with something for everyone. The brisket I ordered was exceptional and it literally fell away from my knife it was so beautifully cooked. In our small party we also enjoyed the steak and burger which were all served exceptionally nicely with good chunky chips. The service was warm and prompt. I managed to find room for a good ice cream sundae though how I resisted the sticky toffee pudding I do not know! The Inn was recommended by both our B&B landlord and my friend's parents' landlady at the B&B they were stopping in so the restaurant clearly has a strong reputation in Sedbergh. A very enjoyable evening. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband, my son and myself had dinner at the Dalesman on Sunday night and the food was really good. We were very pleased with the service we received from Carol the waitress who made us feel very welcome indeed. The Dalesman has a very pleasing cosy feel to it and we would certainly recommend it to others.

We really enjoyed the evening and would do it again.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Finally, after visiting a lot of pubs during our hiking trip around the Dales, a pub with a hard working staff that showes heart for their work. Very busy though, we had to wait 30 minutes before we could order (as btw was told to us before took place). Food a great plus style of pubfood. Delicious.