“Amazing place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seacote Caravan Park

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St Bees
Seacote Caravan Park
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in St Bees
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“Amazing place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

I'm only 18 but I've stayed on the touring park and in static caravans on 21 seperate occasions. I love the site, the staff are friendly and the location is amazing. Every year we come up for easter or august bank holiday. We have family who live in Whitehaven and the site is in an ideal location for us to walk to visit them or its only a 5 min drive. The site is situated right on the beach and is really accessible for everyone. When the tide is out you can walk right down the beach and back into St'Bees, the tide goes really far out and after the pebele start the beach is clean and a lovely sandy beach. I have a family member in a wheelchair and with the lifeboats ramp she can easily get down onto the sand and she gets to enjoy it as much as we do. Even when the tide is in you can still enjoy a sea front walk along the walkway which runs right along the front of the car park.
I would recommend this site to anyone, I absolutely love it here and even after 18 years and 21 visits i'm still looking forward to our easter trip and then for a week in summer with a couple of friends.

Room Tip: Book direct through the seacote site, not through Hoeseasons- the caravans are in a better location...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank cara1234

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

We booked a week at Seacote caravan park in May 2011 on the basis of the description in the Hoseasons brochure. When we arrived late afternoon the staff were friendly and helpful. The caravan was at the rear of the park in a slightly elevated position, from the living room we could sea the clifs and the sea; albeit over the tops of the caravans in front of us. The caravan was clean tidy and with central heating warm.
Yes as the other reviews say there's not a lot to do , but it is peaceful and relaxing. We tend to eat out on holiday, and either had a take a way (Egremont is oly a short distance away) or ate at the Seacote hotel.
The food was always hot, and large portions, the service was always polite and helpful.
When were leaving, we booked a further week late Sept. This time the caravan was much larger and was on the sea front with uninterupted views of the cliffs and Irish sea. (the tourers do park on the sea front but this area finished before our site so we had no one in front of us)Being late Sept we had packed mostly winter gear but spent the week wearing t shirts.
If you want a get away from it all peaceful holiday this is the place. We have stayed at parks with a club, pool 5* restuarant, hot tub etc but of all the holidays we enjoyed this more than any other, holidays are what you make of them

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank jeffersk
Lancaster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

Think twice before you book your holidays in Seacote, St.Bees!!! The service is terrible, the caravans are something from a horror movie. I can bet my mortgage that the place has not been redecorated or cleaned since the 60s. Our caravan was covered top to bottom with dogs' fur, the smell was disgusting. The pillows, duvets and bedding has not been updated since the stone age! Two pillows in my room were torn (probably by previously mentioned dogs!) and one of them was covered in some brown stains (tea? coffee? wee?). The shower was blocked with other people's/dogs' hair, while in the shower you had to stay in the puddle of dirty water! All the dishes in the cupboards were greasy, tea muggs dirty, plates chipped...
On the arrival it took them 50 mins to find out what caravan we were booked into, once we were in we had to immediatly ring the emergency number since they hadn't even connected our gas (it was one of those cumbrian freezing, terribly windy and rainy evenings)... I can probably go on about this dump for another 2 hours but I'd better stop!!!
I would not recommend this place to anyone! Stay away from it!
the only positive thing was the views of the sea (though it was nothing too special, don't put your hopes up to much), they were pretty but there are so many nicer places around, a bit further into the Lake district you can find lovely spots and pleasant places to stay at!
Thank you for reading my review! Feel a bit better I could warn other people from making a mistake of coming to Seacote!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Pollie B

Travellers are raving about these St Bees hotels

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

Stayed in static caravan for a long weekend with hubby. Excellent accommodation, very modern-double bedroom with en-suite bathroom-very clean. Approx 5 mins walk to beach, good for fishing. Lots of different walks to go on ranging from 1 hour to 6 hours long.
Whitehaven approx 4 miles away if you need to do any shopping, etc. Muncaster Castle a must-see but closed most saturdays for weddings.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

Firstly I'll just say I am not the sort of person to ever complain & just normally get on with things, but I do feel that I should do my review of this site - We booked this caravan site after much research as we wanted an uninterupted sea view for our long awaited week break. We booked online and requested a sea view position, after accepting our payment they confirmed our booking by email. After lugging our caravan 180miles and eventually arriving on site, we had been allocated a very tight position and struggled to get our van in, and was dissapointed as we did not have a clear sea view which was the whole point of coming here. We asked at reception and they said there will be a vacant spot on the sea position & we could move in to in a couple of days. When a spot did come available, they wouldn't let us move in as they had booked it out, this happened on 3 ocassions, eventually we got frustrated & instead of creating a fuss, just decided to move on to a different site that was much better. We feel as though they took our money, & then put us in the corner out, of the way regardless of our requests & all we had while we were there, was a lovely view out of window of a row of caravans (photo below), not the view we wanted - what a waste of time and money. In conclusion, the site didn't seem to cater very well for campers / caravaners and we consider it a lesson learned. In contrast, St.Bees was a great place, very friendly people & the scenery & views / walks were out of this world.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank David B
York, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

I'd telephoned the day before I arrived to check the hotel rates for the single use of a double room as all the single rooms were full.I was told that I could have the double room for £50 for single occupation rate.I travelled 200 miles to St Bees and when I arrived,I was told rudely by the Reception staff that I would need to pay £60-the double room rate as I could not identify the person who said that the £50 rate would apply.Reluctantly, I paid the double room rate but stayed just only one night(I found somewhere better and cheaper elsewhere in the vicinity). The general attitude of the Reception desk staff was the most rude, unhelpful and unprofessional that I've experienced,(I travel extensively professionally in the UK and abroad).
On the plus side,the waitresses serving breakfast were excellent-efficient, helpful and very friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Alice430
fedup
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

THe receptionist are always helpful.In the reception area lots of ideas for walks and days out .The site is peacefuland laid back The beach is in front of the caravan site. the village of St. Bees is 10-15 min walk and has 4 pubs hotels and 1 restaraunt all serving exelent food we know we have been to them all. Whitehaven approx 5 miles away plenty of supermarkets to stock up on the food etc For a day out with a diffrence jump on the train at St. Bees to ravenglass and ride the Ratty ;small railway through lakeland country side We wil be retuning again next year

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Grove Court Hotel
Grove Court Hotel
#2 of 2 in Cleator
Lulu's Bistro - Old Station House

Been to Seacote Caravan Park? Share your experiences!