“Artisan Breads R Us.”
Review of LucyCooks Cookery School - CLOSED

LucyCooks Cookery School
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Lucy Cooks - a fabulous Cookery School situated in Staveley Mill Yard, near Kendal in Cumbria, The Lake District. It has a fresh and vibrant approach, where you will be inspired, educated and above all entertained!Whether you're 9 or 90, we offer a whole range of individual one day practical courses and distinctly different demonstrations, designed to suit everyone from novice to Nigella... a course for all reasons and all seasons!Food for thought...
Reviewed 12 April 2014

A fabulous day spent acquiring all sorts of tips and advice on the art of baking brilliant bread. The course was expertly planned and professional in every detail - well led by Tim, our bread guru, who even created our gorgeous lunch in front of us as we worked. A lovely group of enthusiastic and interesting fellow bakers contributed to an enjoyable day spent evolving from producers of so-so bread to creators of artisan loaves - fantastic. To be recommended!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely afternoon combining picking up baking tips and indulging in a beautifully prepared afternoon tea on the Afternoon Tea experience.

Knowledgeably led by Tim, great that recipes were provided. Will look forward to baking some of them at home.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Thoroughly enjoyable. Spent a day on the Taste of India practical course, it was a well structured day, involved you cooking most of the time and an experienced cook to guide you through. Not full of stuck up cooks, just people that wanted to learn. Learnt so much, you won't regret it :-)

1  Thank Jan881
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I was bought my Day as a present. My friend and I had a fabulous day making soup, pork pies, herb crusted lamb and treacle tart. It was a full on day and well presented by Steve our chef. The amount of food we made and took home with us was amazing and I have to say tasted delicious. We are certainly not confident, or experienced at cooking and we both were extremely impressed by our efforts. Recipes which I feel I would be confident to make at home. Coffee, tea and scones to welcome us, lunch (soup made by ourselves and tart by Steve), warm bread and glass of wine, tea and coffee were all eaten in the lovely Aga room overlooking river. We both had a GREAT day and would recommend the experience to anyone who enjoys cooking/baking. I will definitely be having a return visit. Thanks to everyone at Lucycooks!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank B E
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I went to the pies a pastry course here. The facilities are excellent very modern and professional. The teaching was ok. I would have preferred the staff to work their way round the room answering questions, correcting techniques etc which they didn't You can follow recipes at home what you want from a cookery school is the personal stuff you cant get out of a book.

1  Thank Alan C