“Very Disappointed”
Review of LucyCooks Cookery School - CLOSED

LucyCooks Cookery School
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Lucy Cooks - a fabulous Cookery School situated in Staveley Mill Yard, near Kendal in Cumbria, The Lake District. It has a fresh and vibrant approach, where you will be inspired, educated and above all entertained!Whether you're 9 or 90, we offer a whole range of individual one day practical courses and distinctly different demonstrations, designed to suit everyone from novice to Nigella... a course for all reasons and all seasons!Food for thought...
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My son and I were very disappointed with our Lucy Cooks experience. Although everyone was super nice, and we did make a variety of food. . .I'm a simple guy! The room was incredibly HOT all day--upwards of 30 degrees heat. It was uncomfortable and it made the day most unenjoyable! Secondly, the kitchen was NOT well stocked. WE paid for the day and the pleasure of cooking. . .AND CLEANING UP! I thought all the cleaning up took away from the day. If I wanted to tidy a kitchen multiple times, I would have stayed home! The same bowl I used to marinade raw pork, I then had to clean up and use to mix cake batter. I threw the cake away when I got home as I couldn't guarantee the bowl was really cleaned and sanitized to go from raw pork to raw eggs and make a cake! The water in the mini kitchen didn't get that hot! Note to the next person who is using my kitchen at Lucy Cooks--I didn't have the time to ensure my kitchen utensils were properly cleaned and sanitised! And this made me think-did the people before me clean the utensils properly before we arrived! I'm going to guess that the answer is 'no'. What would have been a better experience is to have someone going around with a catering kart--take our diry bowls and utensils away and give us new ones as the day went on. . .and then Lucy Cooks staff cleaned the stuff in an industrial dish-washer!! Keep this in mind. Only book if you like cooking AND cleaning up! The experience takes place in a metal shed type building. When its warms outside--then it is incredible HOT inside. Thanks for the expereince, but we won't be going back!

8  Thank Mickle A

Reviewed 24 May 2014

What a super day, I had an excellent time. Very well ran with excellent facilities. The chef andy was brilliant, very informative and a pleasure to work with, although I can't forget Anna who was very friendly and had every thing organised and made everyone feel at home.

The instruction was faultless and was very well presented and explained. The recipes cooked were very tasty and resulted in plenty to take home for the family to taste.

Will definitely recommend and I will be returning again in the very near future.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank John A
Reviewed 30 April 2014

What a fantastic day we had and everyone enjoyed the food we took home. Was brilliant to learn how to make pasta but think I will have to retire before I do it again as takes too much time for me! Fantastic recipes as usual and the pork was amazing.

1  Thank KirkhamTravel
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I booked this day as my son has just got interested in cooking aged 15. They take children 6 - 16 on this Family course and he was the oldest, but I think he probably got most out of it as I just let him get on with it and I did his washing up!! Great tutor and everything was really well planned. It also really helped that ingredients were pre weighed. He made an Easter carrot cake, lamb pasties and fresh pasta. We had a lovely lunch and even spent a while outdoors looking for wild garlic. A packed day which we both thoroughly enjoyed. We will definitely be back.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank boopgrant
Reviewed 18 April 2014

An enlightening and enjoyable day ! The centre itself is well equipped, the day's course was very well organised and we attempted breads I would never have dreamed of trying on my own. Tim was supportive and gave us plenty of tips for our future breadmaking ! A full and funpacked day was had by all.

1  Thank sjsjsj