“Good Cumbrian Hospitality”
Review of Li'le Hullets

Li'le Hullets
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Staveley
Li'le Hullets
Ranked #2 of 2 Staveley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I stayed here before going mountain biking in the area. Really lovely and friendly reception and comfortable room, and massive breakfast. As I was having to drive back to Yorkshire after mountain biking the Landlady very kindly let me come back to the guest house to shower and change at no extra charge. That is what I call good northern hospitality.The building is a fascinating old row of cottages with great views of the surrounding hills.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 July 2012

When my wife booked the reservation for me and my two friends Ann did not want a deposit - she just said she was looking forward to three very tired walkers turning up!! Well one of the walkers had dropped out on day 5 but two of us turned up very late in the evening. My wife had telephoned Ann to say that my friend and I would be calling in somewhere for a meal before getting to her establishment. The walk turned out to be a long day in the great outdoors - we ended up in Staveley at her door soaking wet and it had been too ,late for to buy any much needed energy giving food. Ann took all this in her stride - saw us to our rooms - gave us time to have a much needed shower before serving us up an impromptu meal - which was brilliant. The breakfast was spot on just what was needed for the final push to Bowness. A great place to stay - Ann is quite a character who will cheer you up however tired you are.

Room Tip: The twin bedded room we had was very nice - the unoccupied double room across from our room looked l...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2012

After a very wet start on Saturday morning we were a little down hearted to think we may be going to more rain in the lake district. Not so, once into Cumbria the sun came out and was really beautiful. On arrival we were warmly welcomed and made to feel at home, nothing too much and very informative. The room was large and very pleasant with a lovely view to the backdrop of the hills. Breakfast was more than enough and made a good start to the day. We will certainly come back and also recommend to our friends.

Room Tip: We had a twin room which was really quite large
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Thanks again Anne for a great stay during the Hawkshead beer festival. As always a warm welcome and comfy bed See you both soon

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I sadly had a funeral service on Windermere lake and needed to be near the Hawkshead Brewery for after service nibbles...Found this lovely B & B through the Eagle and Child staff.
So Glad I stayed..Loved the house..great room and super food..Anne could not do enough to keep us happy and will be booking here every visit to the lakes in the future...Thank you

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Mylakehouse
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Having just spend 3 wet days walking in the Staveley/Kentmere area I can honestly say the best part was the accomodation. Anne and Tony were the best hosts we have yet had, nothing was to much trouble for them and on 2 days they were kind enough to give us a lift to our starting point for the day.

The 16th century ex-farmhouse is ideally situated for the main road and the local rail station (about 5mins walk) and the bus stop is just a moments walk away. The rooms are spacious, well laidout and immaculate in every way and have all the usual items one would expect in a B&B of such high standards, we had one of the 2 en-suite rooms and were delighted, other rooms are available and the loft room looked lovely...

Breakfast was a hearty event, beautifully cooked english and top quality, plenty of options available!..a real start to the day. In the evening a lovely hot brew appeared for us moments after our soggy return from the fells.

Overall I would highly recommend staying with Anne and Tony if you are visiting the Staveley/Kentmere area as the local knowledge displayed by them is priceless when wondering what to do and where to go for food and entertainment.

We have already booked to go back in the spring.....

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2011

My pal and I were planning a two-day walking break in the Lakes and booked a couple of rooms at Li'le Hullets in the village of Staveley for two reasons, 1. it was one of the few we could get into as there was a mountaineering exhibition on in Kendal, and 2. our walks were nearby (Kentmore Round and Fairfield Horshoe). The landlady was a helpful, friendly sort who was willing to provide our breakfast an hour earlier than usual (we needed plenty of daylight as we were walking in winter). Our rooms were comfortable and cosy; although I had the attic double (not en-suite but had its own separate bathroom) and had to avoid banging my head on the rafters! The price of the rooms was very competitive. Breakfast was very good and made to order. No problems with cleanliness. Bathroom was great after a hard day on the hills. A nice place I'd happily go back to.

Room Tip: Attic room is not en-suite, but is proced accordingly. Watch the limited head space.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

Been to Li'le Hullets? Share your experiences!