All reviewsattic roomwarm welcomesewing kithawkshead breweryvillage centrebed and breakfastoak beamslovely ladywould stay againstayed for two nightswalking distancethe main roadlocal pubfull englishannstorieslakes
Reviewed 3 September 2009

I stayed at this B&B for one night on the recommendation of a colleague since I was in the area on business. I stayed in the twin room which was comfortable, cosy, warm and well furnished in traditional style. It also had a lot of thoughtful extras such as sewing kit, toiletries, alarm clock, hairdryer etc. The owner was exceptionally friendly and helpful. In the evening I was late returning (after 11.30pm) but she was waiting up for me and was polite and welcoming. Breakfast was lovely (choice of cereals, hot toast and preserves) and served in the living room downstairs with other guests. I was asked the evening before what time I would like breakfast. The room was quiet, facing the rear and the bed was comfortable. The towels and linens were good quality and importantly the room was spotless. The property itself is 400 years old and has beautiful beamed ceilings and a feeling of history and warmth.
Overall a lovely stay for an extremely good price. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a clean and comfortable B&B in the area. As a solo female traveller I also felt very safe. The only negative is that phone reception is difficult - BUT that is the location of the village, nothing to do with the B&B! The B&B even has wifi in the lounge if you really need it :-)

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Shezza77
Reviewed 1 September 2009

I'm puzzled by the fact that we haven't had more people reviewing this b&b. May be because it's quite small but still, so nice!
My 10yo son and I stayed there for 3 nights and we loved it. We had the attic room although we had been warned before hand that the room has it's all bathroom but it wasn't ensuite like the other rooms. We thought it'd be good fun though, especially since we live in a rather boring new built house. We had it all: the exposed beams, the very low ceiling, the wacky steps leading up to the room and a view of the sky. The room was of a very good size, plenty of drawers etc and drink making facilities and it was immaculate - as was the bathroom (a pretty large bathroom too!).
Breakfast was great and huge portions to the point that we couldn't finish the 'reduced' version! Plenty of tea / coffee on the table, toast, fresh fruit and cereals. Don't expect it all to be organic / free range or the coffee to be up to Italian standards BUT this is a formidable b&b, run by a lovely and very hard-working couple and make it their mission to ensure that you feel at home!
Also, the b&b is very well located, within a short walking distance to the local pubs & shops and in the mini-retail park you will find an excellent bakery selling bread (duh!), yummy cakes (try the pear & rosemary, hmm...!), cheeses and they serve excellent coffee. Will's cafe is also supposed to be very good and you can go to the local brewery to have a drink. Oh, and there are quite a few furniture shops plus the ever so important bike hire shop! And just to wrap up the location bit: all of the above and the b&b are within walking distance to the train station.
Anyway, I've been given some vouchers for the cookery school so I will definitely be returning and no doubt I will be staying at Li'le Hullets again!
Thank you ever so much Anne & Tony for making our stay so pleasant!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank niclak
Reviewed 31 January 2007

We stayed at Li'le Hullets Bed & Breakfast in September 2006 on a visit to the Lake District. The B&B is just off the main road into the Lakes (A591) in the village of Staveley.

Lovely little b&b, great ensuite room, lovely comfotable bed and location is well placed for walking and getting around the Lake District.

Will hopefully be going back again this year.

Stayed: September 2006