“Highly Recommended”
Review of Sefton House

Sefton House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ulverston
Sefton House
Ranked #23 of 26 Ulverston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We really enjoyed every moment of our stay at Sefton House. The staff were accomodating and thoughtful. The atmosphere was peaceful and quiet. We felt very welcome throughout our stay.

It was very clean and the breakfast was exceptional!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed for one night 8th July to start the Cumbria Way. Despite being early we had a really warm welcome and were shown to our room virtually straight away.
Delicious breakfast, my partner even liked the vegetarian sausage!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Sefton House B&B is now open to everyone as a 'night-time coffee shop' and informal art gallery.
It was recommended to us by the staff in the World Peace Cafe just over the road because the WPC shuts at 4pm - so we could head to the Sefton for a coffee.
I had a good decaff Americano, and used their wifi. I needed to work on my laptop, so I was very happy there was a nice big wooden table with upright chairs, and there are comfy chairs around too. Plenty of books and magazines to browse, and also an exhibition on the walls with paintings (available to buy) by a local artist (who was actually there tinkering with the pieces).
My companion arrived and had a good cup of tea in a quirky patterned cup & saucer, and a piece of homemade brownie - 'Hang on, it's only just come out of the oven' - ohhhh, we can hang on for that! It was delish.
Recommended as a good venue for solo mobile-officing, having a quiet work meeting, or a catch up with a friend.
A great idea to diversify the Sefton's B&B business. Good luck with this new venture!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sooze_SUA_VLC
Reviewed 9 May 2013

5 star housekeeper
5 star food
5 star location
5 star rooms

Robert is very kind-hearted and is ready to help you out. The house is just in town centre and is about 10 mins walk from rail station. The breakfast is very tasty. I'll definitely recommend any travellers to Ulverston to book Sefton House.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I stopped at Sefton House before starting the Cumbria Way. The staff were friendly and helpful.
The room fit exactly what I needed - a nice soft bed before a very long walk!

I am planning on stopping again some time this summer - and I am genuinely looking forward to it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We stayed for a week while attending the Buddhist festival at Manjushri (a very pleasant walk down the road). Heaving my overpacked suitcase up the steep and narrow stairs was quite the workout, and the room seemed very small to this American, but turned out to be very comfortable. Sefton House is a delightful place, with delicious breakfast, and will very likely be my choice this summer when I return.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2012

The house is comfortable and welcoming, as are the hosts. The location is excellent for access to Ulverston and out to the lakes and peninsulas. The breakfast was excellent with a good choice. My husband is allergic to wheat and so we brought our own supermarket loaf. The next morning, Rob the chef and proprietor had made a gluten-free loaf for my husband to enjoy with his breakfast. I have read some of the reviews that say the Sefton is in a timewarp - I disagree with this. Shabby chic,quirky and retro may be too modern for some reviewers! The ethos is green but not the decor - e.g. ecover products in the bathroom, organic and locally sourced products for breakfast and for the cafe. Good coffee with a conscience! What more can we say. We would certainly recommend the Sefton as a place to stay.

Room Tip: Possibly choose a room on the garden side of the house away from the road. But to be honest we did...