“Another good meal”

The Mill at Ulverston
Ranked #17 of 74 Restaurants in Ulverston
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Converted 17th Century mill with original waterwheel still intact and turning in centre of pub. Venue has a beautiful cask ale bar (CAMRA's Good Beer Guide 2011 & 2012) with eight hand pulls serving a variety of Cumbrian, Lancastrian and local ales. Upstairs is a lovely restaurant with 45 covers, chandeliers and beautiful, original mill artefacts. Upstairs at the rear is a large outside terrace area with seating for over 50 and Ulverston's Mill Race stream running through one side. Food offering varies from burgers and pizzas, right through to beautifully presented,fine dining starters and main. All our food is prepared in-house by an experienced and talented brigade of chefs using predominantly local South Cumbrian suppliers.Open 11-12 everday, with food available every lunch and evening, seven days a week.
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I chose the Mill for my birthday meal with two friends because it is consistently the best restaurant in Ulverston. I had the sirloin steak, my friend had the sea bass, and my other friend had the deli platter. Our meals were very nice and the service was as efficient and pleasant as usual. My only complaint would be that my second glass of red wine was slightly cooler than room temperature, I am a bit fussy about red wine being at the right temperature. There was a new dessert menu and I chose the cherry coke cheesecake which was very good. My friends decided not to have a dessert because they were all a bit heavy and rich, I think they should include a couple of lighter desserts on the menu.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

The recently re-opened Mill has good menu, the building is attractive and the staff efficient and friendly. The whole experience was enjoyable and I shall revisit quite frequently. It is great to have excellent food and decent wine at fair prices.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We'd been to a couple of Robinsons pubs before we arrived here on a saturday night as a group of 6. I'm not a Robie's fan and had my fill of Dizzy Blonde. It was 10pm when we arrived, following the crowds. This is obviously the place to be on a sunny night in Ulverston. When we walked through the door we found people split right and left. We headed right to the bar and what a bar. 9 or 10 real ales from across the county and lancashire. Our party of 6 got through every single one (as a group). The bar is mainly middle age to older type people, cluttered around the bar making service quite tricky. Noticed a similar thing happening at the Farmers. Then we found another bar upstairs, this was full of younger people with more "hip" music and a smaller bar with 2 real ales. Then at the back was a big beer garden, that was busy too. We stayed for nearly 2 hours until kick out time and enjoyed it a lot.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is so far my favourite place to dine in Ulverston. I like the menu, the building, the choice of ales and the staff were friendly and attentitive. Plenty of space to eat and does have a good roof terrace if you want to eat outide if the weather is good. Although the only set back when I went was there were a lot of smokers on the roof terrace at the time and it wouldnt have been that pleasent to eat there. Food was good and well presented.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We went here a month or so back for Sunday Lunch and really enjoyed it! I originally ordered the Sea Bass, and on being told they had sold out went for the Sunday Roast. My parents ordered Fish and Chips for main course (which looked fantastic), while the Hubby and I had soup to start then he had Lamb Hotpot. The Lamb surprisingly came on the bone, but he enjoyed it nonetheless. My Roast Beef was gorgeous! Only one thing, was there were no menus highlighting what the choices were for the Sunday Roast courses, and I felt a bit of a pest questioning the Waitress every two mins!
All in all, it came to around £60 for four with a round if drinks. Would go again!!