“Excellent B & B!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Church Walk House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ulverston
Church Walk House
Ranked #7 of 28 Ulverston B&B and Inns
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Excellent B & B!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed here 2 nights, very comfortable and relaxing place to stay. Room was great size and clean. Absolutely no noise from outside or other guests which is vital for me as a light sleeper. Great location in the centre of the pretty town of Ulverston. Fast Wi-Fi and a superb breakfast - excellent value at £70 per night! John and Martin are passionate about their B & B and it shows.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Graeme H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Rochester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

This beautiful house with just 5 rooms in e centre of Ulverston was recommended to me for my recent business trip to the area.

On arrival I was warmly welcomed and shown to my nice single room which was very well decorated and furnished with antiques. I was also shown the lounge, which was comfy-looking and my shared bathroom (only shared with one other room).

The bed was comfy with really good pillows, and I particularly liked the cooked breakfast.

With this place it's the hosts and the little touches (like the beautiful china cup and saucer in my room for morning tea) that make it extra special, but all the basics of a good B&B too.

I can't wait to go back and can't recommend it highly enough.

Downsides? Not really. Only minor things are that my room wasn't as dark as I am used to so I woke a little early and that I had to share a bathroom, but the quality of stay was so high these things did not really matter.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank tamtam10000
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here for 3 nights before starting the Cumbria Way. John and Martin welcomed us into their home and gave us many ideas for places to eat, sites to visit and general information about the area. We had a fantastic time exploring and also visiting with them. We would highly recommend this B&B and hope to return again.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank westcoasthiker1
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

I had no idea what to expect from Church Walk House, as it had been booked through people I was doing some work for. They obviously knew best - as it's a great place to stay! A very comfy room, clean and tidy, in an excellent location, with en-suite, wi-fi - with charming, friendly hosts. I felt at home right away. Martin's breakfasts were such a treat - the mushrooms are legend, and that porridge... mmmm. I didn't want to leave.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Susan E
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Fantastic place, great value, lovely genuine hosts, awesome breakfast (make sure you try the mushrooms), perfect location. can't recommend enough. You are lucky if you get the chance to stay at this gem - treat it well! I notice there is one negative review on the site for this one - very weird - I've stayed all over the world and it doesn't get better than this.
Mark

Room Tip: away from road
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank markkaye
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for just one night en route to visit friends, but I would have no hesitation in staying for longer.
It's in a fantastic location, and the owner , with his vast local knowledge really makes you feel at home. Lovely clean rooms and a lovely fresh breakfast .

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank 44DavidC
Winthrop, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

On May 1, 2012, after a long journey from the States by plane and train, I found myself in Ulverston with a case of jet-lag and fatigue, in need of rest before starting my walk on the Cumbria Way. While dragging myself around town with my backpack, I was very fortunate to happen upon Church Walk House. Martin and John made me feel welcome and at-home, immediately. They attended to all of my concerns. The house is very warm and comfortable. I had a deep, refreshing sleep that night. In the morning, Martin was very helpful in providing information that would help me on my trip. He went out of his way to help me secure accommodation for a portion of my trip. Breakfast was exceptional and provided enough energy to last me until supper. Ulverston is a charming town to visit, and Church Walk House is a travel value. My only regret is that I didn't have enough to time to return there to spend an extra night before returning home.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo