“lucky find”
Review of Church Walk House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ulverston
Church Walk House
Ranked #9 of 26 Ulverston B&B and Inns
n.wales
“lucky find”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We had difficulty finding accommodation for a couple of nights at short notice due to us going to a funeral, one of the hotels I phoned had no rooms free and recomended the Church Walk House. It seems there are a lot of contractors in the area and taken up a lot of rooms. We managed to book two nights and arrived early evening, greeted by Martin and were shown our double bedded room with en suite. There was a kettle and enough tea and coffee sachets for our stay. Breakfast was requested for 9 am, and consisted of basically anything we required, from cereals to full english, fruit juice and tea/ coffee toast and jam. We didnt want too much ourselves and I asked for small cooked breakfast and my partner only wanted toast and jam. The stay was enjoyed, with a comfy bed and the room was pleasantly warm. We will certainly book a room there again on our next visit to Ulverston under more pleasant citcumstances, and will take this opportunity to thank Martin and John for being the perfect hosts..Thankyou

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cjwalesN_wales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

A brilliant place to stay en route to Conishead Priory. Our hosts Martin and John could not have been more welcoming. Our twin room was very clean and comfortable and breakfast was delicious, great coffee too! Great value for money too. Thanks guys.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank kp1002016
Newton Stewart, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013

On the afternoon I arrived in Ulverston, I struggled to find any vacant accommodation as there were a number of events on. I did find a pub with a room, but they wanted £85 for one night. Eventually a kind B & B landlady, with no vacancies, suggested I try Church Walk House. Church Walk House is a Grade II* Listed Building in the centre of town. I was met at the door by John who found a single and a double room vacant, I opted for the single room at £35 for the night. The room had a large comfortable bed, lots of cupboard space and tea and coffee making facilities. The room wasn't en suite, but a walk of twenty feet took me to a wonderfully large bathroom with a walk in moon shaped shower and beautiful tiling. Later I met Martin who advised me that a good meal could be had at the nearby Rose and Crown. He was right, I had the excellent trio of lamb chops.
An enjoyable afternoon and night in Ulverston then saw me have an excellent nights sleep.
At the breakfast table in the morning, as well as cereals and juice, Martin gave myself and the other guests a breakfast cooked and prepared to our preferences and ingredients.
Overall a very enjoyable experience for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank JimDeans
Los Angeles
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Nice big room and bathroom. Martin and John were wonderful hosts. They sent us to a wonderful Chinese restaurant and recommended some special places to visit. Breakfast was excellent even if Martin wouldn't share his secret to preparation of the mushrooms!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Toaders
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed here in August 2011, but I didn't write a review then. After staying at a different place this August (2013) I think maybe I should have. This is a nice place with 2 very pleasant hosts. We had a problem with our plane being late so didn't actually arrive until about 2 in the morning driving from the Manchester airport. One of the hosts actually stayed up and waited for us! He waved me down in the street and showed us to our room. He was up again the next morning to fix breakfast. The breakfast was very excellent. I ordered the same thing every morning; a full English breakfast. The room was not huge but fine. At 65 GBP per night with breakfast included I think this was a very good price. This year, because we decided to go at the last minute, we had to take a place down the street from this one which was above a bar, had no breakfast and cost 85 GBP per night with no room service. The Church Walk House cleaned up the room every day. They even did our laundry during our stay for a nominal fee. If I return I'd certainly try to stay here again. Just got to get them early enough.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rogo82
Darwen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2013

me and my wife really enjoyed our 3 nights in this first class b & b, john & martin were excellent hosts and cooked a very good breakfast, the rooms were very clean and tidy and would recommend staying there. (a good place to stay when cartmel races are on)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank russellh63
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 25 July 2013

John and Martin are so friendly and welcoming! And what a beautiful house they share with us travellers! Beautiful, tasteful decor, comfortable beds and lovely furnishings. Lovely dining room and a fabulous breakfast completed a lovely stay in Ulverston, a much overlooked part of the Lake District.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple