“Go somewhere else!”

Naaz
Ranked #33 of 70 Restaurants in Ulverston
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Go somewhere else!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Poor menus,poor service. being asked what you want to drink and what you want for a starter before you have sat down and before you have been given a menu is a bad start.
There are two other Indian restaurants in town and both are better.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Cws_12

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Set meal for 4 where you have to share 2 coffees?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Have been to the Naaz plenty of times before and it's always been good. This time 4 of us got 2 set meals for 2 between us - each of the 2 set meal for 2 included "Sweets and coffee". Food was good, but afterwards no offer of sweets/coffee. When we asked we were told we could have 2 coffees and 2 sweets between the 4 of us. We tried to explain that surely set meals for 4 people meant 4 sweets, 4 coffees. The waiter, who had been really friendly all night, suddenly turned quite nasty on us. We got 2 kulfis and 2 coffees to share. Coffee was horrible anyway. kulfi didn't taste like proper kulfi. If this was some misunderstanding, and by sweets they meant the After Eight mints, then why not explain this instead of getting all nasty on us? Even if it did, they only gave us 2 between 4, so we had to share them anyway. After many, many visits over the years, we won't be going again. They've lost our custom for the sake of 2 coffees and 2 ice-creams. Numpties.

1 Thank 6Bloke6
London, United Kingdom
“Worst takeaway ever received”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I restently moved to Ulverston a week ago and heard that naaz was a very good restaurant to dine in for Indian curries, but I was absolutely shocked by their delivery service when I received my food, the person who delivered my food was exstemly rude and impolite to me, it was raining that night and the guy who delivered the food told me to hurry up with giving the food payment.

After the food was delivered I was hoping for a reasonable piping hot to warm Indian curry to have for my dinner but I was devostated by the way my food was delivered in such a state that every single curry and popadom I ordered was drenched in water and tasted very watery, I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to any curry lovers

4 Thank Joshua H
“not so Naaz”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I went to Naaz with a friend for a meal recently, I have eaten there before and thought it was nice but not such a good experience on this occasion.
When we arrived we ordered drinks at the bar, I asked what type of white wines were available and I was handed a wine list but they were all wine by the bottle. I asked what was available by the glass but the bar person did not know and she has to ask. I was told Chardonnay and I said I am not keen on Chardonnay what else do you have and she had to ask again and then said there was no other choice. I don't think I have ever been anywhere before where there was only one option for wine by the glass, I did have the wine and it was okay but I wasn't impressed with the lack of choice.
I ordered lamb tikka starter which I didn't like very much and a chicken balti main which was good. My friend ordered chicken tikka marsala for her main but when it arrived it was bright red in colour. Chicken marsala is normally an orangey colour and the deep red of the dish especially in the sauce was most unappetising and made my friend feel a little queasy.
In fact when we moved on from the restaurant and were sat in a bar my friend was still feeling a little sick when she thought about her meal.
The service was okay at the Naaz except for the bar person who didn't know which wine was available by the glass and when my friend asked about whether the lager the bar person suggested was strong/high in alcohol content she couldn't answer this either.
So not so nice at the Naaz this time, there are two other Indian restaurants in Ulverston so I don't think we will be re-visiting the Naaz for quite some time.

3 Thank pixiestarr
Mossley
“Great second choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Picked this after walking out of the British Raj due to their appalling service.
Thankfully this was a far better experience. Attentive waiters and efficient service too. Tasty curries and nice naan. Would def revisit

1 Thank Gshaneg