“Consistently good” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fishermans Arms

Fishermans Arms
Ranked #16 of 69 Restaurants in Ulverston
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dalton-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

My wife and I had a lovely lunch here (a saturday).
We were both very happy with our meals, the soup and sandwich is a good option if you don't want a more traditional meal (fish and chips etc).
I had the Cumberland Sausage which was very filling!
The service was good, and the place has a nice atmosphere.
Will be going again (soon hopefully)!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank UK_AEH

Dalton-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“Disappointing overall”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Came here as part of a large family group. We'd preordered from the Mother's Day menu so expected to be served our starters quite quickly. Half an hour passed before we were, albeit they were nice. The goats cheese was lovely. Then we had another long wait for our mains. We had all chosen roasts of different varieties. I had the lamb which was nice but a smaller portion than the beef. The roast potatoes were awful! Nobody liked them. The veg was barely cooked, I was tempted to ask for a steak knife to cut my broccoli! The veg was also served on platters in the middle all on one plate. This would have been fine but the cheese sauce on the cauliflower was so watery everything ended up drenched in it and soggy! The gravy was also a bit thin for my liking. Overall I probably won't return. My sons chips did look good though!

1 Thank Dansmum1
Henrydavid6@aol.com
“Still a bit disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Having read adverts in our local paper about The Fishermans, we decided to give it another go. We were there probably 5 years ago, and left very disappointed, and I'm afraid it was this time too.
We went for Sunday lunch, where one, two or three courses were on offer. We were asked did we want to go into the bar or restaurant, we chose restaurant, and there were two other couples in there. The room had a pervading damp smell, but worse than that, it was freezing! There appeared to be only one radiator I could see on a wall under the window, and it was entirely insufficient for the room, and the day wasn't particularly a cold one either.
Drinks orders taken by a very pleasant young man. I ordered prawn cocktail, my husband the Toulouse sausage. Both pretty good.
My disappointment came at the main course. I'd ordered beef. Two slices, both dry, tough and chewy, looked like they'd been on 'the pass' for too long. Ginormous Yorkshire pud took up nearly the whole plate! Veg served separately. Carrot and turnip mashed, but whole carrots slices in? I don't like my veg overdone, but the cauli was quite hard. My husband thought the lamb was 'ok.'
I waited outside while my husband paid the bill. He told me that the bar was packed with people eating, and that it was lovely and warm! I don't think we'll be rushing back there any time soon.

• Visited March 2014
Ulverston, United Kingdom
“New chef - Top-notch !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

This had been a so-so hit-or-miss sort of restaurant in the past, in an excellent location and with stunning views out over Morecambe Bay. Now, with a new chef in the kitchen the place has been lifted up to a gastronomic delight - the food was consistently good, perfectly cooked and seasoned, the wine choices are intelligent and really matched what we ate - an altogether satisfying experience !

• Visited December 2013
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner for One”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Had a three course meal for £25.00, a selection of at least six choices for each course, I selected pan fried chicken livers for a starter followed by sea bass. The food was of good portion size and was cooked to perfection. Service was spot on, the time from ordering to delivery and arrival of each course was spot on. Good friendly service from Craig and his team. I would recommend this restaurant to one and all.

Visited March 2014