“Fantastic scones”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic scones”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

And a great Tea menu. Well worth a visit. Don't go to Costa, you can go to a costa anytime. This is so close you are missing a real treat. And the music is relaxing too.

London, United Kingdom
“I wish I could pick it up and put it in my home town”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We came across Gillam's and it looks lovely and welcoming. There is not a huge amount of space for pushchairs etc. but the staff were accommodating. I had soup and a sandwich (brie and cranberry) which was very nice and filling. I noticed they did get another table order wrong and did not tell me they did not have diet coke until after they had taken my order (although I had an organic cola which was very nice as an alternative). I thought it was lovely and quaint and reasonably priced for the atmosphere/old fashioned nature of the place. I would definitely want to go back if I was ever in Ulverston again, really varied menu and a real treat to visit.

• Visited July 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

It must have been an off day for Gillam's when we visited this week. Soup was lukewarm, cheese and red onion sandwich was unappetising - dry and tasteless and the tea was very poor. We weren't asked by the staff if everything was alright as I think they knew that the food wasn't as good as it should have been.

• Visited July 2014
6 Thank Mary C
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“Proper Tea, no dust here!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Gillam's has an old world charm about it with plenty of teas and coffees from around the world to choose from, The service is warm and friendly the menu has many Home cooked Vegetarian options also

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mark M
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quaint”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Lovely traditional tea room. I had a piece of carrot cake and an earl grey tea which was very tasty. Nice outside area to the back if the weather is good. Friendly, helpful staff, definitely worth a visit if you are in ulverston, beats Costa hands down.

• Visited June 2014