“Excellent food and lovely smiley service”
Review of Poppies Cafe

Poppies Cafe
Ranked #8 of 73 Restaurants in Ulverston
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I visited poppies cafe with my dear friend as I was visiting her in ulverston. We both had the deli wraps and they were delicious and well presented! The decor is warm and friendly the only improvements I would say is have some easy listening music on or the radio e.g smooth fm as the cafe was quite quiet at this point and the atmosphere was a little awkward. And some easy listening music would go down a treat whilst sipping an espresso as I over heard various conversations! Other than that the cafe owners have got this place down to a T! The staff are welcoming especially the young waitress ! Will be visiting again very soon to try the other deli wraps, thanks poppies :)

There are newer reviews for Poppies Cafe

Reviewed 4 April 2014

It was not the first time that we had seen a sign outside an establishment claiming to serve high quality products. However, on this occasion the sign saying 'outrageously good coffee' was totally justified. Try the 'flat white' - generous espresso topped with foamed milk - excellent and, if my memory serves me right, under two pounds. My wife and I droppef in for a little lunch and enjoyed a very good quality meal at reasonable prices. The atmosphere was happy and friendly and it was clear that the regular patrons knew a good thing when they saw it.
Ulveston should really be on people's list of places to visit if in the southern lakes and if you go to Ulveston do drop in and try the coffee etc in Poppie's, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Nipped in for lunch with my husband today and had a lovely meal. I had the soup and a sandwich option (£5.95) and husband had the brunch (£6.99). Soup was broccoli and Stilton and I had a cheese and spicy tomato chutney sandwich. Brunch looked lovely - sausages, bacon, beans, egg, tomato and chips. Both of us loved the food and have been stuffed all afternoon. Would thoroughly recommend this place. Good menu and good choice

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I called in to Poppies Cafe quite by chance.
My light lunch was excellent, a simple toastie with chutney and pineapple tasted lovely. Other visitors were tucking in to larger lunches with apparent enjoyment.
The decor appeared very simple but everywhere you looked there was a delight to see.
The poppy in stained glass behind the service area was lovely and well worth a mention.
A lovely place to visit.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Have just found this wonderful little cafe in Ulverston, and we were very impressed.
The decor is lovely, and the welcome is very warm.
The menu has something for everyone, and very good value. I had sweet chilli wraps, and they were the best ever.
So hard to chose a cake from the display, they all looked so good.
So glad we found it, and will definitely be back.