“Wonderful venue in a great location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ulverston
Candlewyck Barn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 26 Ulverston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Candlewyk is an idyllic venue. We stayed in the barn room that easily accommodated us and our 3 children whilst still appearing large and airy. The decor and contents of the room meet the 'luxury' definition and made us feel very indulged.
Rachel looked after us very well during our stay, bringing an amazing, locally produced, breakfast each morning and even a bunch of flowers from the garden on our anniversary!
It was a short drive each day for days out in the lakes, really a perfect place to stay. We can't recommend this place highly enough.

Room Tip: For romantic nights or stress-free times with kids the barn is excellent as breakfast is brought to...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Everyone has to stay here in their lifetime... And I challenge anyone who won't come back time and time again. Set in an idyllic location, candlewyck is ideally located to the sweet little town. Sam and Rachel are fabulous hosts and truly go the extra mile. At booking Sam was so helpful even arranging the reservation at a local pub restaurant, the farmers... Which was also a delight. Upon arrival we were greater by Sam who welcomed us with a warm smile. We stayed in the barn, and it truly is breathtaking, a huge suite with all he amenities you could need. Perfect for myself my cousin and my baby. The fridge was a welcome asset and the luxury organic toiletries were Devine. Everything is kitted out luxuriously and the beds are the comfiest you can find. The place is so clean and fresh with lots of extra amenities you wouldn't get in a normal B and B. The chilled wine ( excellent quality and at cost price) were a lovely extra touch for anyone wishing to enjoy a glass or two relaxing in the surroundings outside or staying warm and cosy inside. Now, breakfast order was taken the day before and we opted for the full English. With locally sourced products from the butter to the bread and meat from their own pigs! The next day we enjoyed a fantastic breakfast very tasty and fresh. Even the sauces and jam and marmalade were delicious. I stay away quite often and wold safely say this place was the best place I have ever stayed! Cannot recommend candlewyck enough, and Sam and Rachel were just fantastic. Loved it so much we have booked our return visit!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Finally a b&b that lives up to the billing. Very high quality accommodation especially the barn, where we stayed for one night. Huge room which is light, airy, lovely & quiet. Breakfast was fantastic which was brought to our room by our wonderful hostess Sam. Would definately recommend for anyone wanting high quality accommodation.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2013

The reviews were so positive on this that I was finding it hard to think it would meet expectations, but it really does live up to the billing. The property is absolutely lovely and the price is quite reasonable given the quality. The breakfast was superb and the both the house and the grounds are very well kept. The town itself (Ulverston) was also a very pleasant surprise and a nice stop along our trip. I recommend this to anyone as a top class B&B.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My wife and I,stayed at the candlewyck b&b for two nights,we had a fabulous time,Sam is a fantastic host and can't do enough to make you feel welcome,we stayed in the house which is immaculately clean and tidy,everything you need is provided,breakfast is great,definately recommend a stay here,we will be going back as soon as we can,cheers sam

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Long trips are colored by their beginnings, and as we began a 28-day visit to England in May (with the Cumbria Way footpath's 78 miles the first order of pleasure) our choice of Candlewyck Barn B&B as our first stopover quickly set a friendly, down-to-earth tone that lasted throughout our adventures.

After a tiring flight to Manchester we settled in for the two-your train ride to Ulverston, where a taxi delivered us to the B&B. Those were well-spent pounds, as the walk across town is a bit far even if your luggage is minimal. Splurge on the hire (it's cheap) and save your energy for exploring Ulverston later.

Rachael greeted us with a country smile when we arrived and showed us to a room that was clean, very comfortable, and QUIET-the B&B sits at the edge of town, but isn't too far from restaurants, shopping, and sightseeing. And what was that just down the narrow lane outside, viewed from our window? Yes, it was the Cumbria Way, barely out of Ulverston and WAITING. But that was another day away-Sam, Candlewyck's energetic owner, had suggested an advance booking for supper at the Farmer's when we registered with her, and after we'd freshened up we were off to dinner.

We stayed busy in Ulverston during the too-short time we were there, and were satisfied in every way with Candlewyck. Breakfasts-local meats, produce, and eggs, with sunshine pouring through the kitchen windows-were hearty and delicious, and served with a charm that reminds you why you chose a B&B. If we're fortunate and someday return to Ulverston, we'll happily stay at Candlewyck again. Cheers!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My wife and I, my daughter and partner, my son and his family stayed at the Candlewyck B & B for a couple of nights whist attending a wedding in the area. We were very lucky to find such a friendly, clean and welcoming place to stay. I am not prone to writing reviews such as this but I was very impressed. While I thought that all the rooms were clean and comfortable, I thought the "Barn" family room was extra special. Breakfast was delicious.
Sam(antha), the owner, was friendly and helpful.
I would have no qualms in recommending this B & B to anyone. Thanks again Sam.

Room Tip: While all the rooms were clean and comfortable, the "Barn" was more like a suite, beautifu...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family