“Newbiggin Hall, Ulverston”
Review of Newbiggin Hall

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ulverston
Newbiggin Hall
Ranked #3 of 26 Ulverston B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Newbiggin Hall, Ulverston”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Avril's b and b is superior in all aspects. The house is beautifully presented and our bedroom was large, extremely comfortable and something to behold. The view of the countryside is breathtaking. We had the use of several rooms. Avril is a generous host whose attention to detail is outstanding. She provided us with amazing cooked breakfasts, scones and cream and pots of tea, all beautifully presented in matching crockery. We highly recommend this b and b. Gary and Catherine Conroy

Room Tip: It is very convenient having a room with en suite.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Catherine C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Avril is the perfect hostess. From the moment we booked she provided us with everything we needed; directions, flexibility with arrival time, somewhere to keep an Apricot tart and fridge space to cool wine…. The rooms are beautiful and the breakfast superb. My only wish would have been to stay longer and not to have to go to work !

3 Thank BrassicaBratsch
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have been staying at Newbiggin Hall since January 2014, and from the moment that I stepped into the house Avril has been attentive, welcoming, helpful and most importantly a fantastic person to be around. I intend to stay at Newbiggin Hall till the end of my contract.

The rooms are clean to the highest standards and the beds are very comfortable. Having severe food intolerances means that I have to prepare my own food, Avril has been nothing but helpful and understanding and has allowed me to prepare food in her kitchen. The surroundings are peaceful and serene, waking up in the morning to the beautiful rolling hills of the Lake District is a fantastic way to start the day.

All I can say is, staying at Newbiggin Hall is like staying in a home away from home and you will always come back! Thank you for everything Avril!

3 Thank Sam S
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We have just arrived back from a nights stay with Avril at Newbiggin Hall in Ulverston. It was perfection!! From the moment I contacted Avril via email she was welcoming and friendly. On arrival we were greeted with homemade sausage rolls, mango scones and lots of tea!! The house has plenty of character as does Avril. She is one of nicest ladies we have ever met!! Her little dog is also adorable. Great nights sleep, lovely and quiet. Breakfast was also served at what time we desired and was fantastic. Ulverston is a steady 30 mins walk and has lots of lovely pubs.
This truly is a b&b that has that added touch!! Couldn't recommend it more!! We would 100% stay again.Thank you again Avril was welcoming us into your home. Mel and Neal x

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MelandNeal
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I had the opportunity of staying at Newbiggin Hall for one night whilst on a business trip.

First of all, what a lovely host. A warm and friendly welcome from Avril made my short stay very homely. Not one for a cooked breakfast, I opted for the healthy option. I was greeted by a host of cereal, fruit, yoghurt, home made seeded bread (delicious!), marmalade, fresh strawberries and fresh coffee, all served in the sunny conservatory.

The guest house itself is seemingly in the middle of nowhere, although in reality, only a 5 minute drive or 10-15 minute walk into town. The benefit of the setting is of course, the magnificent views which were just perfect on a sunny June morning.

A great place to stay to explore Ulverston and the South Lakes.

Room Tip: One room has an en-suite and a 4 poster. The other two I believe share a bathroom
2 Thank SNash33
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

After spending a week long stay at this bed and breakfast I can say it has to be one of the best.
Avril, the owner, makes you feel right at home. I had scones, jam and cream waiting for me on the day of arrival . She goes the extra mile for sure , and the views are stunning. Food was wonderful the whole week of my stay . If you want good food and good service and a great view over breakfast then this is the place to go.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank paul s
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

The house is lovely, quiet and spacious. Avril is an amazingly kind, caring and very helpful lady who could not offer to do more for us during our stay and always ensured we were as comfortable as possible and went to great lengths to ensure that our stay was as close to living at home as you could get. If you are in the Ulverston area, you must stay here! It's very peaceful, has great views of the countryside and the breakfast was fab, too!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Richard K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ulverston
Sea Wood Bed and Breakfast
#12 of 26 in Ulverston
White Hart Inn
White Hart Inn
#8 of 26 in Ulverston

Been to Newbiggin Hall? Share your experiences!