“Wonderful Meals and Welcoming Staff”
Review of Bay Horse

Bay Horse
Ranked #55 of 74 Restaurants in Ulverston
Price range: US$7 - US$119
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Bay Horse Hotel is a 17th century coaching inn nestled alongside the Levens Estuary with fantastic panoramic views. Often described as a hidden gem, it is a place to suit all tastes and budgets, whether it be morning coffee, home made ice cream, a bar snack or celebratory meal. Always a warm welcome from the staff, a log fire in the winter and picnic benches to enjoy the views on fine days. Just one mile out of Ulverston town centre, why not walk down Britain's shortest, widest and deepest canal to find a hidden treasure, The Bay Horse Hotel.
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I had several delicious meals in the pub during an extended stay this past summer. Wonderful roast beef on ciabatta bread with a delicious fresh salad and chips and then homemade shortbread for desert. So many delicious selections! The Owners are very welcoming and accommodating. Joe was my waiter several times and is by far the best Waiter and Bartender anywhere. Wonderful views of Morecambe Bay. Definitely well worth the visit. Julie H, USA

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Found the restaurant by accident after a walk along the canal. Oh my the food was to die for!!!
Although we only stayed a weekend in the area we ate there twice and would certainly go back.
Evening meal is a one sitting time of 7.30 pm seated in the conservatory overlooking the fabulous views of the estuary.
Warm baked rolls to start with, feta cheese, wholemeal or tomato and basil, ( i can rec them all)
The fillet steak, is incredible and highly recommended, sticky toffee desert, if you have any room left. All cooked to absolute perfection.
Easy friendly atmosphere with attentive hosts and waitresses.
Only downfall is I wished I lived nearer!!!!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful meal with friends from the South. The food was the usual excellent standard and the good natured care and attention we received from Claire and Joe provided a wonderful evening. We often bring our guests to the Bay Horse, secure in knowledge that they will enjoy the experience. Thank you!!

1  Thank Tony A
Reviewed 15 February 2014

After a long walk by the canal we stopped by for a quick drink. The barmaid was very rude and when we sat down with our drinks n crisps we discovered they were several weeks out of date. They were replaced but with crisps with one day left of their shelf life. Whilst drinking I discovered black flecks floating in my drink and stuck to my glass. My partner went to replace them but was left waiting at the bar for over 5 mins despite us being the only people in the bar. My replacement glass had dust around the rim and again I had to pick black flecks out. Disgusting!! Don't waste your money here!

4  Thank Beano321
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Came here last year and was very impressed in all aspects. so went again this month for a meal with my partner and again we were blown away with the quality of the food and the service, requested our favourite table and got it with out a fuss, food cooked beautifully my serlion stake was cooked and seasoned to perfection and service we just couldnt fault, stunning veiws from the conservatory just love this place, only negative comment is that its a little bit pricey.