Lowther House
US$85
PremierInn.com
Ennerdale Country House Hotel(Cleator)(Great Value!)
US$109
Grove Court Hotel(Cleator)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$120
The Sleepwell Inn(Workington)
US$135
US$167
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthoroughly enjoyed my staylocal arearoom was largethe ownerone nighton arrivaltrevor
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This place is just perfect, what a find!! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Lowther House and would highly recommend. The rooms are decorated to a very high standard and extremely spacious but most of all they are very very comfortable. We had a wonderful breakfast with all locally sourced products, even the marmalade was home made. Our host Trevor was wonderful and offers customer service of the highest degree, there is simply nothing else like Lowther house that I have found out there and I will most definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I had driven for far too long so to struggle to find this place despite sat nav was a bit wearing. Up and down Inkerman Terrace I went until I worked out exactly where Lowther House is situated and where I could park. Directly opposite but it is a busy street
But do not let this dissuade you from staying at Lowther House.
Trevor welcomed me warmly and took me up to my beautiful room - rather, a suite. Everything clean pristine perfectly decorated. Very very stylish and in great order. Suddenly it struck me. I am not in a hotel but I am in someone's home. On business this is delightful. So many impersonal places card entry rooms overpowering air con. And dreadful buffet breakfasts.
None of this at Trevor's lovely boutique house hotel. And Trevor is so helpful and delightful. I needed to eat so I asked him about a local restaurant nd taxi service ( I seriously needed glass of wine and didn't want to drive). Trevor drove me into Whitehaven to the restaurant and then came back for me. So so kind.
Breakfast - home made brown bread toss home made marmalade and full cooked Cumberland breakfast with perfect local sausage bacon mushrooms tomato and lovely fried egg. Could have stayed chatting all day but work had to be done.
Would I return? You bet!
PS I stayed here as a single female traveller had a locking key to my room never felt insecure.

Room Tip: Talk to Trevor. I think he has only a few rooms but he will listen to your needs
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2013

What a charming place! Don't judge it on first impressions. Trevor has made this Georgian house into a beautiful boutique B and B. The rooms are stunning and the bathroom is spacious and decorating to a very high standard. It is not your typical B and B in that you are served breakfast in the kitchen with everything cooked to order. Trevor is a fountain of knowledge about the local area and has a clear passion for Whitehaven and the surrounding areas. He can recommend good restaurants, day trips, coffee shops and cafes.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lizzie J
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The Lowther House in WHITEHAVEN CUMBRIA was the most amazing 3 night stay I & my 5 companions could have wished for. We were welcomed with home made cakes & Champagne by our host Trevor Lloyd...We instantly felt we were somewhere very special.Trevor has 3 rooms that he lets to guests and they are beautifully dressed & have everything one would need.Fantastic spacious bathrooms and soft white towels that also smell gorgeous. I could wax lyrical !! But even better than all of that is thine host Trevor Lloyd!! Such a lovely guy who is only too happy to make you welcome & comfortable! His home is your home and his breakfasts have to be eaten to be believed....All produce sourced locally & of premier quality...... Trevor is THE BEST & gives THE BEST. We have already booked again for next year. Many many thanks Trevor ! We all feel as though we have made a new true friend!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank lynnylou57
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Getting accommodation in whitehaven at festival time is near impossible but a friend from whitehaven booked us into the Lowther House for 3 nights over the weekend and what a great experience it was from when we first arrived our host Mr Trevor Lloyd greeted us with drinks and homemade cake, our rooms were large and gracefully decorated with a nice big bathroom, tv and wifi if you need it, Breakfast was fantastic with all locally sourced produce and plenty of it, our host Trevor was the highlight of our stay such a knowledegable man especially about his home county of Cumbria and the lakes and the funny stories he told made the best start to any day, we enjoyed it so much we have allready booked for next year. Harry & Pat.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends