The Corner House Bed & Breakfast
Chestnuts Bed & Breakfast(Whitehaven)(Great Value!)
US$121
Chase Hotel(Whitehaven)
Grovewood House(Whitehaven)
The Waverley Hotel(Whitehaven)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsderwent roombiscuitsroll top bathfluffy towelsbike rideliving roomwarm welcomeattention to detailcomfortable bedtown centrecooked breakfastguest loungetop marksa great staywelcoming hostsfree wififresh fruit
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We slept in the twin derwent room because all the other rooms were taken. The beds were really comfortable and the decor was extremely nice. With welcoming coffee/tea making facility with biscuits and a chocolate. The ensuite shower room with it's jet shower was also extremely nice.
The hosts could not be any kinder with the cooked breakfast made to order.
The room didn't have a lot of space but that didn't really matter to us. I slept like a log and it was in a perfect location for us.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I thoroughly recommend this house for an overnight stay or stays. It had lovely, roomy rooms with en-suites to every room. Lush carpet in the rooms as well as good facilities such as tea and coffee, flat screen TV, all the stuff you need. And it had the world’s most comfortable bed! It was a lovely mattress with a memory foam top layer – perfect! Not too hot, just right. In fact I got the owners to tell me what the mattress was as I intend to buy one quite soon.
Make no mistake, I’m a fussy sleeper. But my room was comfortable, the bed was amazing, and over night the room was dark and quiet. So I slept very well. In other words, the B&B fulfilled part of its brief very well.
And what about the other B? The breakfast? Again, excellent with excellent choices and hot food made to order. Overall 10/10 for both Bs!
If I came here again the Corner House would be my first choice of hostelry.
Any downsides? No bar might be one for some, although that was better for me as it meant no late night noise. But if a bar is essential you have a hotel next door where you can have your fill and then wander back to a quiet house and quiet room. No dinners are served either, but a quick walk down the hill brings you to numerous restaurants, so it doesn’t matter. And there’s the hotel of course.
Like I said, this place is a perfect 10 when it comes to an overnight stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Teamtango
Reviewed 21 February 2014

A clean, comfortable, well-appointed and well-maintained Victorian residence with all mod cons including a very comfortable bed, hospitality tray, free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV and hair dryer. Excellent full breakfast, freshly cooked; nothing was too much trouble. Off-road car parking. Easy access off the A595 and only minutes from the centre of Whitehaven. Very enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: The Buttermere Room is at the back of the hotel overlooking the garden
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Peter R
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight for work, I was in the beautiful and newly refurbished windermere room, the service was outstanding, the breakfast was great , and the lovely owners were extremely welcoming, the bed in my room was a lot better than the one I have at home, made me not want to leave and go to work!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Can't find a single thing to complain about this b and b. Booked up stating that my wife is coeliac, Leisa went out and bought in gluten free bread and lactose free milk,that really meant a great deal to my wife.
The one gripe I have is checking out at 10 when the bed is so comfortable, just joking.
Both of you show how a B and B should be run. Will definitely be back when we are your way again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family