“Every time I come - better and better!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Whitehaven
Georgian House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whitehaven
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Every time I come - better and better!”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Third time I've stayed now. I no longer stay anywhere else when I'm in the area - why would I?

IMMACULATELY clean room. I've never seen anything like it. I love the teddy bear on the bed and the jar of sweets, such a lovely touch. The Hilton could learn a thing or two! Lovely and warm, comfortable, quiet, and a bathroom like nothing I've seen in a hotel before. Lush. Internet was working fine this time too.

I ate in the restaurant for the first time too, and really really enjoyed it. Great food, fast service, and good prices.

Already booked my next stay in a couple of weeks time! I just wish all hotels were like this. Absolutely no faults at all.

Room Tip: If WiFi is a must, ask for a room close to a router.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank st0ph

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Rooms of a very high standard, everything you need including iron which I always like. The owner is an excellent chef, our evening meal was as good as any we had in the U.K. and breakfast also very enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Zorro16
Wigan
Reviewed 11 July 2011

My Wife and I have just returned from a weekend away at the excellent Georgian Hotel.
We arrived about lunchtime last Friday and were greeted by Steph who escorted us to room 1. The room is spacious with all the mod cons and more, a Power shower that certainly refreshes you, tea/coffee facilities plus little touches like crisps and sweets plus little individual toiletries etc,
The furniture/décor is all new, the bed was really comfy, but what strikes you is the high cleanliness of the room.

We had dinner on Friday & Saturday night in the restaurant and were impressed with the varied menu choices; the service was delivered in a personal friendly manner and the standard of the meals excellent.
Breakfast is a very informal affair with selections of juices, fresh fruit and cereals, plus the full English on offer, very nice!
There is a nice lounge bar on the first floor which we went to post meal and had coffee served there.
This is a little gem of a find, and we are planning to return in the late summer if possible!
Like Best, The food, the friendly staff and high cleanliness of the hotel plus the tranquillity of the room.
Like least, No negative comments really,
Thanks guys, you know how to deliver!

Room Tip: Ask for room 1, it's great
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2011

We booked the GHH in Whitehaven for a 90th birthday as out of towners from london for a celebration with family, from booking to leaving from the meal was a great experience. The menu is diverse yet well balanced. The offerings include locally sourced meats and vegetables. There is real care taken in the preparation of each dish, the kitchen clearly take pride in what they serve. We were a group of 10 seasoned restaurant go-ers young and not so young and every single one very happy with their choices. The serving staff were very attentive. It's a shame we have to travel from London to Whitehaven to eat here! So in summary it's was excellent, well done GHH we hope to visit again.

• Stayed April 2011
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2010

I have stayed at this hotel twice now, and it is fantastic. I am a little OCD about cleanliness, and this place is immaculate! So clean, warm, cosey and welcoming, with a teddy bear on the bed to greet you, sweets in a jar on the desk, a footspa in the wardrobe, and a really comfortable bed. The rooms are decorated gorgeously too - the pictures on the website really are representative.

The breakfast is lush - the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs is a huge portion, and cooked to perfection. On the one day I knew I didnt have time for breakfast the next morning I let the lady there know, and lo-and-behold, there was a bacon sandwich in a wee bag waiting for me at 7am when I had to leave for work. What a legend :)

I'll be working in this area alot for the next few years, and I think I will be staying here every time!

Only downside - a little pricey.... but worth it :) oh and the wifi in my room was a bit patchy... but I'm nit picking!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Hotel was block-booked by our company, as we were working in Whitehaven. We started work at 10 o'clock, just around the corner, and so asked if they could possibly move or extend breakfast service hours from the rather unusual 7-8.30am. This was apparently out of the question, despite us being the only guests.
A colleague had his partner stay for a few nights, in a room already paid for. For simply having her stay he was charged an astronomical £36 a night for what essentially amounted to breakfast. When a complaint was raised regarding the amount, a rather brusque chef/manager told us in no uncertain terms that "that's the room rate", despite us pointing out that he'd already made over 4 grand out of our party.
Disappointing service, and in a word, inflexible.

• Stayed September 2010
2 Thank DariusPerkins
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2010

My husband booked this hotel as a suprise for my '40' birthday. A nice romantic meal for two, or that was the plan. We arrived at the hotel, all dressed up, and very hungry as we had starved ourselfs all day only, to find the place closed and in total darkness. After speeking with a lady on our mobile while standing outside the restaurant we were told that the hotel was closed for the weekend as the owners had gone away for the weekend. As you could imagine my husband felt devastated as he felt this had totaly spoilt my birthday. THANKYOU !!!

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DAISYDOO8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitehaven
Premier Inn Whitehaven Hotel
The Corner House Bed & Breakfast
The Mansion Bed & Breakfast
The Mansion Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 14 in Whitehaven

Been to Georgian House Hotel? Share your experiences!