Beech House Bed & Breakfast
US$61
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My family and I have just arrived back from staying at Beech House. I don't normally bother to write reviews but decided as Beech House has so few it deserves more.

For me what made our weekend away special was the hospitality that Caroline and Dave bestowed upon us. Some of the things that either Dave or Caroline accommodated for our party I felt was a step beyond what you would normally expect for B&B service. I won't say just in case it was not normal practice. We all really felt that by the end of our last day, Caroline and Dave were good friends we made.

All the special touches that made the whole package stand out for me was:
Hot tub and Sauna
Bath robes and slippers
Toiletries, towels, hairdryer
Tea and chocolate snacks replenished every day
Cream teas offered, evening meals offered (and very delicious hearty food, with cakes that were baked to perfection).
Guest Lounge with a log burning fire
Beautifully laid table with silver ware and fine China
Wonderful cooking and breakfast made from their own produce
A real interest to show our children some aspects of a small holding for their sake and interest
A beautiful old house with rooms and bathrooms far better than I felt was apparent from the photos, even though the photos are good examples.

Thank you so much!

Room Tip: The top attic room is beautiful and very spacious with ensuite. Every room is very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank beach_crazy_mo
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Beech House is beautiful house in an excellent location with Caroline and Dave as very gracious hosts.The rooms are stunning and the breakfasts were delicious. We would definitely recommend staying here and only wish our stay was longer.
A. Sutton & I. Smith October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amanda s
Reviewed 6 October 2013

What a wonderful find Beech House was, we stayed for three nights in August and had a fantastic stay. I wanted to stay in Blennerhasset as my grandfather was born and bred there and I had never visited, being a Senior Citizen I thought it was time! We were welcomed by Dave (and dogs) and Dave helped my husband with our luggage, then produced a tray of tea and delicious Anzac biscuits. a lovely touch. The Master Suite was even better than it looked on the website with lovely views of the Smallholding. A beautiful seating area, lovely bedroom and an enormous bathroom so well planned and decorated. We didn’t manage an evening meal, but will next time, but the breakfasts were great with fresh fruit, bread, cereals and home produced eggs, bacon and sausages. Caroline couldn’t have been more helpful in assisting me in finding my Grandfathers home and the churchyard I wanted to visit. They have lots of maps/books you can look at on the area and there is also free Wi Fi. I would thoroughly recommend Beech House to anyone who wants to stay in the area, as you can easily access so many other places. We certainly intend to go back for another stay at some point.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We travelled up to the area in the evening and by the time we got to Cumbria, it was dark. We were pleased to say that the directions on the website are spot on. Our bedroom was large enough for all you need and the shower room was just right too.
Very tasty cooked breakfasts were enjoyed and there was plenty of choice of cereal and fresh fruit to set you up for the day. We were made very welcome and would recommend if you are in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Beech House is located about a mile off the A595 main road from Carlisle to Whitehaven in the north of Cumbria. Consequently it is actually well placed for anyone wishing to explore the Northern Lakes (e.g. Buttermere, Wastwater, Ennerdale) and is only a short drive from the pretty town of Cockermouth and the bustling hill walkers' town of Keswick. Even Carlisle is not too far away and access to the Borders and Dumfries and Galloway is also possible. The village of Blennerhasset or "Rasset" as it is known locally, is a very quiet location and there is no problem getting a good night's sleep as it is far enough off the main road. The property is tastefully decorated, extremely clean and very comfortable with excellent showers. There is a warm sitting room featuring a wood burning fire for colder evenings. A wonderfully tasty breakfast is provided with superbly fresh produce from the smallholding attached to the house. If required, delicious dinners are also available on request. The house and smallholding are run by a lovely couple, he a local and she a southerner gone native, who are very friendly. All in all, a super and highly recommended location.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple