“It's a British pub, but with cool beer and warm service”
Review of The Greyhound Inn

The Greyhound Inn
Ranked #21 of 33 Restaurants in Wigton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“It's a British pub, but with cool beer and warm service”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Unimposing and a little tired in the decor, but what do you expect from a brewery-owned pub in a little sleepy village. A cheery welcome, a simple, yet comprehensive menu offering typical pub food and a spacious dining room. It was a wet and windy day, but the food was hearty, hot, and full of flavour - it certainly didn't disappoint. Sad to report current managers will be moving on as the pub has been privately sold, but where there's a will there's a way - long may this little pub survive! Best of British to the new owner.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Kate B

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“New management again!”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

So many different reviews on this site but then again this pub has had so many different managers over the last few years, some that should never have been in the publican trade or attempting to serve food!
It now has yet another manager/s starting in early January 2014 after the last manager left in December 2013. The car park has been busy of late so we thought we would pop in for a drink and a meal. We were greeted by a very warm welcome from the manager and the restaurant was full once more which was nice to see. I ordered steak and my partner ordered the game pie – huge portions and really nice. Well mannered courteous young staff were serving and the service was very good. We are going back tonight just to make sure it is just as nice.
One problem is the pub is yet again up for sale so we are not sure how long the relief manager will be there but we wish them good luck for the time they are.

• Visited January 2014
Carlisle
“Brilliant quick lunch”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Heard there was new management so called in for a quick bite to eat after a walk up on Binsey close by. So pleased I did, as it ticked ALL the boxes for me. The food was excellent, good size helping but more important piping hot and really tasty! I was served quickly even though there were quite a few people in. The girl who served me was friendly and amusing but efficient with it, a good combination. Will be going for a "proper" meal with friends as soon as I can! It has changed out of all recognition.

• Visited January 2014
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Excellent new management. Give it a try!!”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Visited the greyhound in Jun 2013 for a pub meal and was shockingly bad. However it is now under new management so we decided to try again, we are so pleased we did the atmosphere is completely different. We were welcomed by the new owners who were just fab ( used to own a pub near my parents) the food was fantastic very testy and big portions. I only wish we lived nearer as this would be a great local. I urge anyone to try this pub as it is well worth a second visit.

• Visited December 2013
Embleton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SUPERB FRESHLY PREPARED FOOD.”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I went with my wife and children for Sunday lunch. I decided to go for the special Fish and chips recommended by the Landlord. It was one of the nicest battered fish I have tasted (Large fish and no bones) My wife had the Turkey with large selection of fresh vegtables which she said was beautiful. My Daughter had Chicken curry, very nice. My Son had half portion of sweet and sour chicken, he loved it. ( Enough for a adult) Try for your self, you will not be dissapointed.

• Visited December 2013