“Amazing food”

Lakeside Brayton Bar Restaurant Pub
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Wigton
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: View, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Lakeside Brayton we provide a selection homecooked meals. All our ingredients are locally sourced. Our evening meals are served from 6pm until 9pm. Lunches are served from 12 - 2pm. We are closed on Mondays. We offer Sunday Roasts every Sunday. Our bar is open from 11 until late serving refreshments and alcoholic beverages throughout the day. There is also a 9 hole golf course and a carp fishing lake on site.Visit us on facebook - Lakeside Brayton for menu updates.
uk
“Amazing food”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Me and my boyfriend dined here on Sunday the 25th of May. I had chicken in a mushroom and onion sauce. the chicken was lovely and moist and the sauce was delicious. My boyfriend had Steak pie and homemade chips. He got a generous portion of steak pie and it was packed with tender steak. He said it was the best steak pie he had ever had. And the chips were PROPER homemade chips. The staff were friendly and helpful. Its fair to say one of the best meals we have both had for a long time. And highly recommend it.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank sebsternooni
hazel b, Owner at Lakeside Brayton Bar Restaurant Pub, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
its lovely to hear you enjoyed it with us and hope to see you soon xx

maryport
“Nice surrounding shame about the food”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is the second time we have been here.The first time the meal was not up to much quite cold and over cooked salmon.
I never wrote a review as I thought it unfair to be critical maybe it was just a bad night and they were changing chefs.
We went on a Wednesday mid may evening very quiet.
I had steak pie and chips and was expecting it to take a while as the pastry has to cook and brown as it is supposed to be fresh.Cost £10.95 so not cheap.The meal came within 15 mins hardly time to warm the oven never mind cook pastry.The pie was very large served with a good portion of chips and the pie was full of beef.The beef was very tender but a little dry and totally without any seasoning .Well that's the good bit! The pastry was pale and totally soggy and without taste .In my opinion it had been microwaved and stuck on a plate worst pie I have ever tasted they would of been better going to Greggs and serving that.
The chips were not home cooked and if they were then whoever cooked them needs a catering course.These were frozen chips and again tasteless and cheap ones horrible greasy aftertaste
I played with it for a while thinking this pastry could be the stuff they use to make Wallis and gr omit characters .
I also had carrots which were fine and also peas which again were frozen but not nice frozen peas again tasteless.
The surrounding are very very nice and the staff also were as you expect very friendly and ready to please.I would suggest change the chef, cook fresh food ,and serve home made chips and never ever forget to season food maybe then this place will again be as popular as it was in the 90s and it was very popular and well run.
SORRY BUT THIS WAS THE WORST MEAL I CAN EVER REMEMBER HAVING

• Visited May 2014
12 Thank jack w
Carlisle, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Travelled here from Carlisle for Sunday lunch. We were certainly not disappointed. Really tender meat, we had beef and lamb, both fell apart in your mouth. Really tasty Yorkshire puddings and roasties. Pudding was just as amazing, chocolate brownie to die for and berry pavolva which was beautiful aswell. Will definitely be back and will be telling all family and friends to visit. 5 star quality food, service and views.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank kizzie m
thank you for your lovely comments and hope to see you soon, you may want to try us on an evening the steaks are delicious !! xx
“Birthday Meal”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I have been to this lovely little Restaurant twice now. Both times were for birthdays. The first visit was for my own and it was somewhere my fiance had never taken me before. It was a lovely surprise. The reason we went was because we had been told the Steaks were out if this world. We were not disappointed. We have never tasted steaks like them. They cost a bit more than we usually pay but they are worth every penny! The staff are lovely and very helpful. We were made to feel welcome both times we visited. This included our two children too. They were treat with the same respect as us and more. Lovely place (which is currently being decorated...carpet I think was the next thing on the agenda) I highly recommend you visit.
Fantastic place. X

hazel b, Owner at Lakeside Brayton Bar Restaurant Pub, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
hi

thank you for your comments we are happy that you enjoy every visit you have with us and look forward to seeing you in the future

England
“Gorgeous”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Beautiful food. Been quite a lot over the last few years under different management and the food quality has varied. However over the last few months, the food and quality has been consistently high. We often take our small toddler for Sunday lunch and it's clean plates all round. We love it and the prices are reasonable too.

hi

thank you for comments so glad you enjoy dining with us and look forward to seeing you soon