“Fabulous homemade food, wonderful service, lovely place.”

Lakeside Brayton Bar Restaurant Pub
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Wigton
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: At Lakeside Brayton we provide a selection homecooked meals. All our ingredients are locally sourced. Our evening meals are served from 6pm until 9pm. Lunches are served from 12 - 2pm. We are closed on Mondays. We offer Sunday Roasts every Sunday. Our bar is open from 11 until late serving refreshments and alcoholic beverages throughout the day. There is also a 9 hole golf course and a carp fishing lake on site.Visit us on facebook - Lakeside Brayton for menu updates.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I found the service cracking, attentive and warm. The food was second to none. The meat was locally sourced and the puddings are lovingly homemade and a delight on the taste buds. I certainly will visit again and I would recommend anybody a visit.

1  Thank jamiegarbutt
hazel b, Owner at Lakeside Brayton Bar Restaurant Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

thank you for you review it was lovely to meet you and maybe you might be in our area again to call !! xx

Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you want good quality home cooking this is the place to come and eat.
Friendly and helpful staff nothing to much trouble,beautiful outlook.
Locally sourced meats and veg ,homemade chips. Never had a bad meal that's why we keep going back.

1  Thank tinniongang

that's lovely to hear and we look forward to seeing you soon xx

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Me and my boyfriend dined here on Sunday the 25th of May. I had chicken in a mushroom and onion sauce. the chicken was lovely and moist and the sauce was delicious. My boyfriend had Steak pie and homemade chips. He got a generous portion of steak pie and it was packed with tender steak. He said it was the best steak pie he had ever had. And the chips were PROPER homemade chips. The staff were friendly and helpful. Its fair to say one of the best meals we have both had for a long time. And highly recommend it.

1  Thank sebsternooni

its lovely to hear you enjoyed it with us and hope to see you soon xx

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is the second time we have been here.The first time the meal was not up to much quite cold and over cooked salmon.
I never wrote a review as I thought it unfair to be critical maybe it was just a bad night and they were changing chefs.
We went on a Wednesday mid may evening very quiet.
I had steak pie and chips and was expecting it to take a while as the pastry has to cook and brown as it is supposed to be fresh.Cost £10.95 so not cheap.The meal came within 15 mins hardly time to warm the oven never mind cook pastry.The pie was very large served with a good portion of chips and the pie was full of beef.The beef was very tender but a little dry and totally without any seasoning .Well that's the good bit! The pastry was pale and totally soggy and without taste .In my opinion it had been microwaved and stuck on a plate worst pie I have ever tasted they would of been better going to Greggs and serving that.
The chips were not home cooked and if they were then whoever cooked them needs a catering course.These were frozen chips and again tasteless and cheap ones horrible greasy aftertaste
I played with it for a while thinking this pastry could be the stuff they use to make Wallis and gr omit characters .
I also had carrots which were fine and also peas which again were frozen but not nice frozen peas again tasteless.
The surrounding are very very nice and the staff also were as you expect very friendly and ready to please.I would suggest change the chef, cook fresh food ,and serve home made chips and never ever forget to season food maybe then this place will again be as popular as it was in the 90s and it was very popular and well run.
SORRY BUT THIS WAS THE WORST MEAL I CAN EVER REMEMBER HAVING

12  Thank jack w
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Travelled here from Carlisle for Sunday lunch. We were certainly not disappointed. Really tender meat, we had beef and lamb, both fell apart in your mouth. Really tasty Yorkshire puddings and roasties. Pudding was just as amazing, chocolate brownie to die for and berry pavolva which was beautiful aswell. Will definitely be back and will be telling all family and friends to visit. 5 star quality food, service and views.

1  Thank kizzie m

thank you for your lovely comments and hope to see you soon, you may want to try us on an evening the steaks are delicious !! xx