“Sunday dinner”

Dining options: Reservations
Cumbria
“Sunday dinner”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband , myself,sister and dad ate here on Sunday evening as a treat for my dad. We were offered the set 3 course menu and also the bar meals menu. We all ordered from the set menu which had plenty of choice and was very reasonable at £18per person. We ate in the dining room which was lovely and the food was beautiful we had no complaints at all. The staff were very attentive and friendly and all courses were served quickly. I will definitely eat here again and would recommend it for good food at a good price.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sandra M

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Were invited for lunch by friends who go often, but very disappointed this time. Table was sticky, informed this was due to cleaning product build up - not nice start. When we did get the attention of the waitress order was taken in an unhelpful manner. Our meal arrived, but our friends waited another 10 minutes for theirs(after being told it was on the way), by which time we had almost finished ours. The waitress did apologise profusely for giving wrong order to the chef so it had had to be redone, but by that time the treat had been spoiled. Food was average. Probably from other reviews seem to do better at weddings, and maybe we just caught them on a bad day, but we wouldn't be booking a wedding or going again.

1 Thank Didi1956
Cumbria
“21st birthday”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I booked the conservatory at Greenhill for my daughters 21st as she wanted a family get together and we have had lots of family parties here. I booked a buffet to eat at 7 and although a little late everyone really enjoyed the food. They had a wedding in the function room so service was a little slower than normal but they did apologise to us, however no one in our party was bothered by this. I have always found the staff to be pleasant and helpful and Malcolm the manager is no exception and always on hand to assist where he can. My daughter and all our guests had a lovely night and I would certainly return, I fact my sister is getting married here in September so we are all looking forward to that.

• Visited May 2014
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Premier Inn better!!!!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed here, as we were attending a weeding, and decided to stay over. They food at the reception was lovely, hot and fresh. It all went according to plan. The rooms however are something else. Our room was large, with the bigggest cobweb hanging round the light, obvisouly missed!!
My husband went touse the toilet in the morning and to get washed, there was no water for either.
My son and daughter in law also stayed and their room was so small, he could'nt move in the bathroom, you could basically sit on the toilet, get washed and have a shower at the same time!
The have the market here, and can charge what they want. We stayed at a Premier Inn in Edinburgh a couple of days before, and was far superior in every way to this hotel!!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank ShaznDale
Lake District, Cumbria
“Wedding Celebrations and short break..”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We visited Greenhill Hotel recently with family and friends, for a wedding reception and a one night short break. The wedding dinner & evening buffet was super. Generous portions of really good quality food was served, with a strong focus on local produce . All staff were pleasant, helpful and efficient. Our bedroom was large, warm, clean & well furnished. The following morning the 'full English' breakfast was excellent, again a strong emphasis on quality local produce. This is a lovely, comfortable country house hotel, well equipped for functions and good bar meals or a short break in the lake district.

• Visited February 2014