“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Workington
Washington, UK
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel only one night, staff were very pleasant, the decor is very good.
Breakfast was excellent.
Well located for visits to the lake district. I would reccommend this hotel.
Situated in a village there was no problems with traffic, Good parking facilities.

Room Tip: All of the rooms seemed to be excellent
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
OGH o, Manager at The Old Ginn House Inn, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your breakfast.
We agree that the Inn is well located to visit the unspoilt Western Lakes - Wastwater (Britain’s favourite view), Bassenthwaite, Buttermere, Crummock, Loweswater, Ennerdale, Scafell Pike (the highest peak in England), the Solway Coast and much more are just a short drive away.
Thank you for recommending us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Didcot, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

I have stayed here a number of times over the years with various members of my family. The last visit in January 14 we had the suite as it was the start of our honeymoon. We are visiting again next week. I have stayed in a umber of different rooms and have found them all excellent, spacious and very clean. The breakfasts and the food in the restaurant are as good as you will find anywhere and the staff always friendly and helpful. Can't fault it - definitely a 10 out of 10.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
OGH o, Manager at The Old Ginn House Inn, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. It is great to hear that guests enjoy staying with us.

So pleased that you like our rooms and the food - wherever possible we use fresh local produce from local suppliers. Our staff are friendly and helpful - they work hard to try and ensure that all our guests have an enjoyable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Don't usually use these review websites, but after my recent stay at the Old Ginn House Inn whilst on business, I think a review is in order. The staff both on the desk and in the restaurant serving, are all brilliant! I've travelled all over the region with my job and rarely get to chose my own accommodation, but for once I am please my company picked this place. The breakfasts are cooked to order, I was over the moon with my Cumbrian grill breakfast which kept me going for a long day at work. The room I stayed in was spacious, ultra clean and had everything I needed. The staff, rooms, food and general service at the Old Ginn House Inn, are all responsible for making my stay what it was... Which was absolutely superb. On departure the receptionist, was polite, friendly and very interested in how I found my stay and made checking out a breeze. Thank you very much for a great stay, Old The Ginn House Inn. If I ever do return to the area on business, I will be staying at this establishment again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
We are delighted that your company picked the Old Ginn House for your business trip and that you enjoyed your stay.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your Cumbrian Grill Breakfast (we use fresh local produce from local suppliers), our hospitality and accommodation. We have passed on your comments to our staff who are grateful for the kind words and appreciation of their service.
Thank you for your review and we would love to welcome you again.
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

Enjoyed a couple of nights at this comfortable pub / inn / B&B. It is convenient for Workington and West Cumbria. The inn's restaurant's menu offers popular pub dishes served by their friendly staff and the bar has a choice of real ale.

Room Tip: Comfortable rooms in the annex.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Stranraer, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

This place has got it just right. I much prefer the way the rooms are locate compared to a hotel. It is as if you have your own apartment. The rooms are very modern and clean. The electrical heating system is probably the beat I have ever encountered. I was able to control it myself. It was not like the noisy air condition units in hotel chains. The quietness of the rooms was just brilliant. The shower was very powerful. The staff were excellent and friendly. The food was the best that can be got. I am reluctant to say anymore as I dont want the place booked out the next time I want to stay. All in all, I can say that this is by far the best establishment that I have ever stayed at in Cumbria. Well done to the management and staff.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank stban2012
OGH o, Manager at The Old Ginn House Inn, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you for your kind review - Sorry for the delay in replying.
It is great to hear that guests have enjoyed their stay with us.
Our staff are friendly, they work hard to try and ensure that our guests have an enjoyable stay. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our food – wherever possible we use fresh local produce from local suppliers.
We look forward to welcoming you again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed here for one night whilst away on business in October. When I booked I was expecting just a basic room the type you would normally get in a pub, but I was surprised when I walked into the room. First thing that hit me was the fact it was huge! You could probably have fit another 2 double beds in there!!! It was also very well decorated with a modern feel, I suspect it had recently been refurbished. The downside to this was the TV was a bit small for the distance it was from the bed.

I didn't eat my evening meal here as that had been pre-organised elsewhere, but I did have the breakfast which was excellent with a wide choice (a menu with Full English, Kippers etc.. as well as cereals / fruits etc..)

All in all I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Salo_K-Bab
cumbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Don,t usually write reviews of my local eating establishments but felt I had to after our recent visit....Called in for a meal with my family a couple of Saturdays ago and loved it.....from us walking into the bar to us being seated everything was superb.....The guy behind the bar looked after us and joked with the kids which to us is a major bonus...we have been in so many pubs for food (yes I no that sounds bad) with the kids over the years and felt they weren't,t welcome.....We sat in the beautiful bar and I had A lovely pint of real ale (Bluebird I think) The food was superb and very reasonably priced.....real chips which is always a bonus.....after we had finished our meal we went into the lounge for a drink which was also beautiful, a real home from home....I believe they also have accommodation which looks lovely as there was pictures of the newly refurbished bedrooms in the lounge......
To some it up I really can,t fault the Old Ginn House from the friendliness of the staff to the quality of the food......you,ll be hard pushed to find anywhere better for food and accommodation in the area.....thanks for looking after us....we,ll be back xx

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank superdavecumbria
Also consider these accommodations in or near Workington
Melbreak Country House Hotel
#2 of 9 in Cockermouth
Broughton Craggs Hotel
Broughton Craggs Hotel
#5 of 9 in Cockermouth

Been to The Old Ginn House Inn? Share your experiences!