“Owner as a nice attitude.”
Review of Brewery House

Brewery House
Ranked #7 of 61 Restaurants in Workington
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Brewery House! Our aim is to ensure that your visit is a pleasurable experience - whether it's for a quiet drink, an evening with friends in the bar playing darts and watching TV sports or a relaxing three-course meal with your family in our refurbished restaurant.Our 60-seater restaurant serves a wide variety of delicious home cooked freshly-prepared food, including starters, main courses and desserts all competitively priced, available at lunchtimes and evenings. Our Sunday lunches attract diners from across West Cumbria.
Egremont, United Kingdom
“Owner as a nice attitude.”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

On my first visit to the Brewery House things got off to a bad start with the food (communication breakdown), because of the way the staff dealt with it I give them a second chance, on my second visit all was well, in fact it lives up to the recommendations of friends and colleges, so yes I recommend the Brewery House, well done and see you soon.

• Visited November 2013
Brewery H, Owner at Brewery House, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Many thanks for your review and I am glad on the second visit we lived up to our reputation. As we discussed we do not get things right every time and glad we managed to show you what we could do on your subsequent visit.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“not worth the hype”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

A few friends have recommended this place, and when we eventually went, and it was horrible. The service was slow, the staff were beyond rude and the food itself was tasteless, greasy, bland and not worth its price. I've been twice, once with my grandparents and once with my friend and both times have been severely disappointed. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, it's beyond disappointing and is just hype.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank abb20
Brewery H, Owner at Brewery House, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit and I am sorry we did not live up to what is usually a positive experience.

In relation to your heading 'not worth the hype' I am not sure there is any hype about our business. If people enjoy it they let people know, Unfortunately for us we do not meet everybody's expectations but we do try our hardest.

I must say that this review was put on the day after we received a full page spread from a food reviewer in two local papers.

“Excellent service”
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Greeted by a happy and friendly bar man on arrival and the peroni on tap is beautiful. Had the cumberland sausage which was excellent. The rest of my family enjoyed it and were talking about booking for xmas dinner. At the moment its the best place in workington to eat.

Brewery H, Owner at Brewery House, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review your visit and I am glad you enjoyed it.

We hope to see you again soon.

Workington, United Kingdom
“Golden Wedding”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Went to a golden wedding really good food, atmosphere and service.
Good choice for all three courses. Steak and ale pie spot on.
Real ale available

• Visited October 2013
Brewery H, Owner at Brewery House, responded to this review, 6 January 2014

We hope to see you again soon.

Workington, United Kingdom
“Bar meal”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Brewery House in Harrington is a good place for a bar meal. The food is good and the staff are pleasant. It is clean and there is a small outside seating area if required. We have been a few times and have never been disappointed but I do not think it is the place to go for special occasions. We tried it once for a "office christmas do" and were packed in like sardines.

• Visited July 2013
Brewery H, Owner at Brewery House, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit and whilst we appreciate some of your positive comments I am concerned why you feel we are only suitable for a bar meal!

We have numerous 'special occasions' that have booked with us and fully enjoyed their time and experience with us. In the next 3 weeks alone we have 6 parties booked all in excess of 20 people per booking.

I do wonder why you have now taken the time to review us after all this time and mention Christmas when that would have been over 9 months ago if not longer depending on what year you come, unless it was to try and challenge our Christmas bookings this year, just when we start advertising them??

I would like to say that we do not intentionally 'pack you in like sardines' as you say we do. However on occasions we have a number of organisers that have booked parties with us for say 25 and then all of a sudden the party jumps to 30+ - what are we supposed to do in those circumstances when we are full already? We do explain that we are full and can not accommodate them and then it becomes a stand off as we don't want to 'pack them in as you say', but also want to ensure parties that come to us are not disappointed because friends could not be with them that wanted to be. It is always the venue that is left in bad light whichever way we try to handle the situation.

I just wish the feedback could have come earlier and with a date of the Christmas party to enable us to look in to it further. I would be more than happy to discuss this with you further should you wish to contact me on 01946 830677.