“Arriving late?”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Workington
Stonehaven
“Arriving late?”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

First time down this way. Phoned hotel to advise late arrival. Young lady, later found her name to be Caroline, on Reception, could not have been more helpful. As I was arriving way outside "normal" hours asked her if you could arrange sarnies etc in my room when for when I arrived. Very pleased at the customer service ethos as well as the friendly atmosphere. Great little hotel on the edge of the Lake District. I will be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Caroline H, General Manager at Melbreak Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you very much for the generous review following your recent stay at the hotel; we were certainly glad to be of service and happy that you had a safe journey, secure in the knowledge that you would not be going to bed hungry!

Look forward to greeting you again the next time you require accommodation in this area?

Caroline Hughes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Melbreak over the early May bank holiday weekend. Took advantage of the 3 for 2 deal and used the hotel as a walking base for the Western fells around Buttermere, Wasdale and Ennerdale.
I was impressed by the level of service I received at the Melbreak. I was given rm 30 as I asked for a quiet, non smoking room.
The room was serviced each morning of my stay, was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was well cooked and ample to fill the hungry fell walker. Evening meals were varied and well done.
All in all if you are looking for a base for the Western fells and don't want to pay Ambleside prices I could not recommend this place more. A well deserved excellent review!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Adrian

Thank you very much for the generous review you submitted following your recent break at the hotel.

It was very good to hear that you consider the hotel an ideal base from which to explore the Western Lakes and can only hope that others wishing to experience the beauty of this area will take heed of your appraisal?

Thank you also for the book recommendations; I have passed this information on to my colleague Emma, who is keen to try out some of the recommended walks in order to pass on first hand information to future guests. With the luxury of some time off, I could easily be persuaded to don my walking boots and join her!

funchal
Reviewed 23 March 2014

had 2 night break every thing was spot on. bedrooms very clean, hotel the same. breakfast to die for, all food and drinks were served hot, been to other hotels and food served lukewarm. thank you to all the staff for making our break special. jean whitehead

Room Tip: we had room 23 but all rooms looked very good
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Caroline H, Guest Relations Manager at Melbreak Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Mrs Whitehead,
Thank you so much for your very kind review following your recent weekend break at the hotel; it was certainly very nice chatting to you in the hotel bar.
Thank you also for your generous review of our hospitality, accommodation, food and beverages. As all our staff work extremely hard to ensure your stay is as enjoyable as it possibly can be it is always good to hear that our efforts are appreciated.
I hope you found your visit to the Roman museum in Maryport worthwhile as well as your planned journey home down the coastal road?
Thank you once again for your review; hopefully you will visit us again sometime?
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel,staff,food,friendly,welcoming we would definatley would go back and highly recomend,clean very well presented a very pleasurable stay and the breakfasts were lovely two thankyou from jean and kev berry

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Caroline H, Guest Relations Manager at Melbreak Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Jean and Kevin

Thank you very much for your kind review following your recent stay at the hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and the area, especially as the weather was so appalling whilst you were here.

Thanks once again; hopefully we might see you again when the weather improves?

St Andrews, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed for one night and the room was very comfortable. I had room 6 which was fine for me.The TV had a great reception but I was a little disappointed as the WIF had a poor reception and I had to move to the bar area to received a decent signal.The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was spotless with the powerful shower.I also had a gorgeous view of the mountains.

Staff were very friendly, breakfast was lovely and the conservatory was a ideal place for eating.The menu was varied and not to a extensive choice ,which I liked.

I would definitely return to this Hotel if I was working in the area again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Caroline H, Guest Relations Manager at Melbreak Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your kind review; I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and also that you would return should you be working in the area in the future.

I can only apologise for the poor wifi signal. We are aware of the problem and are currently trying to rectify it with our IT people.

Thanks once again and hopefully we will see you again soon?

Manchester
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Came to the hotel as I was working local on business, Stayed in 15a and this was a superb site room, really nice hotel, wonderful customer service and great food too,highly recommend this place to everyone.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank flinty197575
Caroline H, Guest Relations Manager at Melbreak Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Mr Flint,
Thank you very much for your recent review posted on Tripadvisor.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and that you would be happy to recommend us to others.

Hopefully we will see you again should you need to visit the area in the future?

uk
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Came here for a xmas family meal. Thought we'd try somewhere different and we were quite happy. Staff were friendly and attentive. Food was to a good standard and the surroundings were nice. Can't comment on value for money as I didn't pay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jonnypb
Caroline H, Guest Relations Manager at Melbreak Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear Johnny

Thank you for your kind review following your recent Christmas meal. So glad you enjoyed both the food and the evening - and at someone else's expense - what a bonus!

It is always good to hear when our guests have enjoyed themselves; it makes all our hard work and planning worthwhile.

Hopefully you might visit us again soon?

Caroline Hughes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Workington
The Old Ginn House Inn
#8 of 9 in Cockermouth
Embleton Spa Hotel
Embleton Spa Hotel
#1 of 1 in Embleton

Been to Melbreak Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!