“Traditional Sunday lunch”

Ranked #20 of 61 Restaurants in Workington
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I was in the mood for a traditional Sunday lunch and the kids got to pick where to go.They both chose Caspian Workington so without whinging I said nothing and we went there.The place is "always" packed so its obviously a very popular eating venue in the town.
As for the food....apparently they do grills pretty good here.....and the Sunday lunch...ermmm.
Ok...it looked exactly like a sunday lunch but unfortunately it was a plate of Sunday lunch "textures" on a plate. 3 meats , Turkey , Beef and Ham were pretty tasteless without their traditional accompaniments of Horseradish , Mustard and Cranberry sauce.
The veg.... I`ll say nothing or ill be on a " wanted " poster in the town.
For the price £8 then hey.....you get what you pay for..... it will fill you up.
Taste.......None.
The kids both enjoyed it so hey ho.

There are newer reviews for Caspian

Reviewed 30 October 2013

From the minute we walked in we were treated well. Greeted and seated straight away by Aaron.... even tho we weren't booked.
Offered drinks before he left us to peruse the extensive menu.
I chose the chicken hotshot and my son had the rump steak. Offered steak chips, French fries or potatoes with our choice too! Main courses arrived within fifteen minutes (considering a med/well done steak was ordered) no service delays! Chilli sauce and peppercorn sauce arrived at the table with the steak which was yummy according to my son. My chicken was huge! Ended up my son actually finished my main course for me...as much as it grieved me to give it over it was that tasty!
Toffee icecream for dessert was shared..,,again..,.tasty as!!
A final bill of £35 for our dinner was well worth it! Will definitely be back in the near future!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Since Caspian first opened, I've been a fan. I've been with friends and family for multiple occasions or just lunch during the week and it is absolutely lovely. The staff are very friendly and attentive and the service is quick. The food isn't fancy, but it's delicious and excellent value. It's a nice place to go for families, couples or friends, and they really do look after you when you're there. I'd highly recommend the pizzas or any of the caspa dishes, because both are filling, hearty food that leave you very satisfied. They also now have a lunch menu which allows you to have the same dishes as on the main menu, but only smaller, as some of them can be really big which if you're there for lunch can leave you rather full for the rest of the day!
Definitely worth a visit, but don't expect the bells and whistles of a fancy restaurant.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I have been going there with my partner for a bit now and avent got 1 bad thing to say about it. The bbq spare ribs are out of this world the mains are awesome and as for desert pfffffft yummmmmy......!

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

I keep going and falling yet again at this place ordered a mushroom pizza last week to take out I could hardly pick it up off the cardboard box it was like slop far to much cheese who ever is making these pizzas these days wants sacked then today I tryed again and the pizza was to thin and over cooked only ate half of it and don't order a dip as you rarely get the one you want :( what's going on caspian I noticed you have took on new staff in the kitchen well take it from me keep them well clear of making any food type does anyone actually check the good that goes out???? obviously not in my opinion will be going else way from now on and letting others know in future

3  Thank upayforwhatyouget