Hungry Bentley Barn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Alkmonton
See available hotels
Riversholme(Rocester)
View Hotel
Boars Head Hotel(Draycott in the Clay)
White Hart Hotel(Uttoxeter)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Was planning a one night trip from Glasgow to Alton Towers, and stumbled upon this B&B on late rooms.

The 1st thing that caught my eye was it was located only 7miles from Alton Towers. I then had a look at the website and the rooms looked very impressive and the setting looked great also.

I contacted Jane the proprieter via email to enquire about availability and she was prompt and helpful with her reply.

Upon arrival the place looked as great as it was in the pictures and we were greeted by Jane and her two lovely dogs. She gave us our keys and showed us where we'd be staying. She helped us with a recommendation for a restaurant later in the evening, the Yeavley Arms which was a excellent choice.

Our room was very tastefully decorated with a huge 4 post bed, clean, spacious and had the most Amazing bathroom with a huge tub and excellent shower. Everything and more than we could ask for. Breakfast in the morning was
Very satisfying with all the usual you'd expect, cereal, yoghurts, fruit (home grown), toast, and full English - which all went down well!

At £98 pounds for the night in the Chatsworth room we got more than value for money from the hungry bentley barn.

I would definitely recommend this accomadation to anybody travelling this way whether it be a romantic
Break or trip to Alton Towers....

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank craigybhoy83
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Would highly recommend this B&B. Made to feel welcome as soon as you arrive. Rooms clean and well designed, with a TV that works. Breakfast made using local produce, tasted delicious. Property is set in beautiful quiet surroundings. I will be back :-)

Room Tip: 3 rooms in total = all quiet
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We arrived on 6 July for a three night stay. Wish it could have been longer. Jane and Brian went out of their way as hosts to make sure our every wish was fulfilled and every question answered.

It is true that the acoustics are such that a loud guest late at night could be a disturbance, but in general one could not ask for a more restful location.
It is unfortunate that the trip advisor map associated with this property is quite incorrect and should not be relied upon to lead one to the location.
By the way the food in the local restaurants was better than anything we experienced in London!

We would not hesitate to recommend this facility to anyone

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We stayed for one night before going to Alton Towers and can not fault the place. It is surprisingly modern inside without losing its rustic charm. By far the cleanest room we have ever stayed in with every little detail cleaned and polished to the highest standard.

The huge roll top bath can not be missed and I'm a little ashamed to say that I was soaking myself within 10 mins of arriving down the lovely gravel driveway and being met by the owners personally.

Due to the building layout you can hear a little bit of chatter from around the house but we didn't find this a problem at all and slept very well.

The owners recommended a lovely affordable pub called The Ostrich to have dinner in which although quiet on a Wednesday night was great value and well worth a visit. The owners also sorted out affordable transport there and back for us.

In summary this deserves its excellent reputation, my advice is to get one of the rooms with a roll top bath and have a long soak like I did. Upon reflection over an hour was a touch too long, I felt a bit dizzy afterwards...

A+

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tikigod19
Reviewed 11 June 2011

My partner and I stayed here for one night as we'd been travelling around Cornwall and were in the process of making our way back home to York. We entered through the electric gates, drove up the gravelled driveway and were greeted at the door by the owner who was very friendly. We were taken straight to our room and all we could say is wow!! I can't find a negative word to say about the Hungry Bentley. It's modern, immaculately clean and the four poster bed was unbelievably comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and the choice was ours when we had it, there's no set time.

It was a great location for us as it's only 20 mins away from Alton Towers which was where were planning on going the next day before heading home.

I would definitely go to the Hungry Bentley Barn again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple