All reviews the pub fruit juice reception area stayed here alton towers excellent value for money landlord beds tidy
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

2 adults and 2 toddlers for an overnight stay. friendly helpful staff, good friendly atmosphere. nice pub/restaurant. The accommodation does let this place down a bit. Its was clean, tidy but old and very basic. no hairdryer, decaff tea or coffee, blackout blinds or curtains. small double bed and very soft mattress. The shower isn't very powerful. Its not far from alton towers and its in a nice location. If the accomadation was better i would defanitly stay again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Evening meal was OK, pizza was very late. We waited an hour for it. As they had staffing problems. Sorted it great. We got a refund of pizza which was good. My toddlers finally got their pizza. 10mins later my husband got his, 20mins after that I got mine. I felt it was undercooked but tasted OK. Breakfast wasn't available till 9am which is late. (especially for 2 toddlers) planned a day to alton towers so needed it early! Room was basic, good size room. Small and very poor shower! Soap provided smelt horrible (my fault for forgetting my own) Very thin curtains so struggled to settle children at night and 4am wake up. Carpets were old and worn. Double bed was very soft (back problems) so did not do me any good. Very small and uncomfortable. However staff were very friendly and offered our children some cereal which they bought to us that night with milk ect. Lovely atmosphere close comfortable local pub feel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

My group of friends and I stayed here whilst we attended Download Festival.. We last minute requested an early check in and this was done without any issues! We were greated to very happy and helpful staff who even helped get us the best transport to the festival! Couldn’t ask for more help and the rooms were very spacious and immaculate at such a great price! Lovely place to stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Just had a lovely Sunday lunch at the Yew Tree --tender roast beef and Yorkshire pudding accompanied by a plentiful variety of vegetables. A £10.95 excellent value for money. Thank you Di, Nora and staff for looking after us so well.Will be back

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oscarstevo
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

The rooms are big and very comfy and warm, clean and spacious. The meals from breakfast to evening meals are fantastic. Staff and owners are very friendly and accommodating for all needs, disabled rooms available. Can not thank them enough for making my friends weekend very special

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family