I stayed at Sandybrook Country Park, just outside Ashbourne, with my husband and daughter for 4 nights and had a very relaxing break despite the disappointing weather. Our lodge (Riber Skyline) was spotlessly clean, spacious enough for the three of us and well-equipped. We used the free on site swimming pool and spa a couple of times, there are games rooms and mini golf available for a small fee. We dined in the Coach House restaurant on 3 nights. The staff are welcoming and friendly and the food is good. The park is well maintained and the reception staff we encountered were very helpful.
We visited Bakewell, Buxton and Sudbury Hall - the Museum of Childhood is an excellent way to spend a couple of hours on a rainy afternoon!
I would recommend Sandybrook for it's lovely peaceful surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5-star Sandybrook Country Park is set in the former grounds of Sandybrook Hall and provides a peaceful and relaxing base to enjoy a holiday in the Peak District. Accommodation is provided in luxurious lodges which sleep from 2 to 8 people. The park has an indoor swimming pool, sauna, hot tub, bar/restaurant and a woodland walk through the bluebell wood. It also has a range of activities available onsite including archery, waterwalkerz and bodyzorbing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Sandybrook Country Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandybrook Country Park Hotel Derby
- Sandybrook Country Park Ashbourne, Derbyshire