During the summer months if you are thinking of using Callow Top for Camping/Caravaning don't expect a quite time. For the kids its great as there is a big play area which attracts them like a magnet. This is good as it keeps them amused but the niose level is very high. To be fair it does quite down by 9:30 went thr play ground is closed and gors to next to nothing by 10:30. Other attractions is an out door swimming pool and during the day is a large cafe that serves food and drink all day. At night the pub,The Callow Inne, opens and has nice pub grub. I would recommed you try some of their own ales. Having said all this i have used the site out of school holidays and found it very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Callow Top is an award winning family run holiday park on the edge of the Derbyshire & Staffordshire Peak District.Our 4 star facilities include a heated swimming pool (May - Sept,) shop, children's play area, cycle hire, pub & restaurant, coarse fishing lake and our very own micro brewery. We take tents, trailer tents, caravans & motorhomes and also have two holiday cottages on site.We're within easy reach of the market towns of Ashbourne, Matlock, Bakewell and Buxton. Local attractions include Alton Towers (20 mins drive,) the Heights of Abraham, Trentham Estate, Chatsworth House and lots more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Callow Top Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Callow Top Holiday Park Hotel Derby
- Callow Top Holiday Park Ashbourne, Derbyshire