“Tranquil”

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Tranquil”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stopped off for a couple hours to break my journey and, despite it being school holidays, I had no trouble parking; £2.50 for 2 hours. I had a browse round the visitor centre and enjoyed a scrummy ice cream; reasonable price but slow service due to long queue and only one person serving. Thought the prices in the RSPB and Clothing Shop a little expensive. Had a stroll to the 'Stones Island' which was interesting with a good view of the area from the top. Then just sat and soaked up the tranquil atmosphere before I set off on my journey again. There appears to be loads to do for children and plenty seating looking out onto the water for adults. If I lived closer I would definitely frequently use this facility.

2 Thank Joy H

Colchester, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely scenic views”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Spent a lovely afternoon cycling round carsington and enjoying the views. Would love to return again.

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Very nice on a sunny day”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived quiet early (9:50) and had no problem at all parking, but by lunchtime the car park was really filling up fast. £4.70 to park for the whole day was not too bad.
It was a glorious sunny day and we had a very nice walk round the lake then we called in at the cafe for a drink these were quite expensive at £2 per cup but not the most I have paid this holiday.
It's a very flat work and I wish we had brought the bikes as it was very well set up for bikes too. (We could have rented bikes but I do prefer my own)
I would happily go back I would recommend this place to anyone.

Derbyshire
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Gem of a place”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

What a lovely spot, you can pop over for an hour or spend the whole day here. Spend as much as you like or browse and take a picnic the choice is yours. So relaxing, plenty of parking, good kiddies play area and walk as far as you like. Suitable to visit throughout the year, whatever the weather.

Visited July 2014
Poole, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Poor restaurant!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I am currently on holiday with my family in chesterfield and we thought it would be nice to visit here today. My mother and father in law have been here a few times but today i was very disappointed. The children enjoyed playing in the park and seeing the sights, before spending a small fortune in the shop.
The restaurant however needs to be better. We spent about £30 for 6 of us to have drinks and a snack. My husband and one of my sons chose to have a bagel with cream cheese costing £3.20 each. When it arrived i was disgusted to see a very small amount of cream cheese stuffed in a used jam jar, the cheese covered one half of the bagel and we got given no butter either when the lady at the till said we didnt need it as it comes with it. So at the end i spoke to a member of staff there who said " thats how our bagel comes and i will tell the chef". I was so disappointed as i paid £6.40 for 2 of those!!...... I will not be returning to this restaurant ever again!