“Run down”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Miraj Spa
Reviewed 31 December 2013

A run - down place . Spa was a joke! Untrained girls who did awful manicure in seedy little room.
Don't go there !,,,,,,

3  Thank marsbar522
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My stay was only for two nights thank goodness.The receptionist couldnt find the booking and so it took a while to book into my room which, being kind, had seen better days.The evening meal was poor but in fairness the waitress apologised.Pool was dirty as were the changing rooms,gym was old and out of date. AWFUL GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

4  Thank P C
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Together with my husband and group of friends we stayed in Miraj in Ashbourne good few times. I could not be bothered writing the review before, but the last stay was the most awful experience I had in my life and I still can't believe I had paid for it!

The room and hotel facilities are outdated, giving overall impression of rundown dirty motel from 70s. I even did not bother going to the pool as I was afraid of catching something.

The room was covered in dust, the lamp shade had not been probably cleaned for 20 years. The dust had a weird sticky consistence. Not to mention a bathroom, black mould around bath and sink and hair in the bath tub. There was also no hot water in the morning and early evening during 2 days.

The above concerns were raised to the receptionist who simply did not even bother to do anything.

The worst; however, was breakfast experience. I walked into the breakfast room and I saw people trying to eat yogurts with knives and forks. I realised there were no spoons available anywhere, no plates or glass. Not mentioned that the hotel also run out of bread and juice at 09:45 am. People tried to grab anything that was left - an absolute shambles!

Avoid at all cost as this will be your worst and most expensive experience in lifetime.

4  Thank Aliothy
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Thanks for ruining our day. Today was supposed to have been a special day. We lost Dad very suddenly 3 years ago. The sight of him passing away as he did will stay with me forever. Carsington water was his favourite place to visit and he spent many hours there. So we had a memorial tree planted there a few weeks ago together with an engraved brass plaque. Dad would have been 80 years of age on 17th may so the plan was for my sister Sharon and I to visit Carsington water today 19th may to see the tree and plaque for the first time as I live over 60 miles away so it's not 5 minutes away. This part of the day went well. After the Carsington water visit I had booked a surprise hot stone massage treatment and afternoon tea through groupon for my sister at the miraj hotel ashbourne as we have both been through a very stressful period and needed to have some relax time. I had also paid extra to have the massage upgraded. The massage was booked at 2pm and afternoon tea booked at 3pm. We arrived at 1-40 pm and went to the reception. Was greeted by a female receptionist aged early 20s who said we could go the use the facilities (pool, sauna, steam room) before our massage and the beautician would come to find us when our appointment was due. So i said we will be in the sauna. Got to the changing rooms - what a dump! Tiny room. Lockers broken, ceiling tiles cracked and dirty, some looked as if they were about to fall down. Generally looked unclean. Not a good first impression! But changed and went to the pool. Very small pool but hey ho it looked inviting until we saw a group of loud young women blasting out music from a mobile phone and drinking several glasses of wine while floating with floats in the deep end!!!!! They also had several bottles of wine on the edge of the pool - WHAT THE HELL?????!!!!!!! So we went to the steam room which stank and had no steam!!!!! So we went to the sauna didn't look too bad until we spotted the graffiti on the ceiling! Got talking to 2 ladies in the sauna who agreed the place was rank. The mother said she had got another voucher for her and a friend for the following weekend but had called her friend to tell her not to bother as the place was a pit. In the meantime while sitting in the sauna we saw a male member of staff come to the pool but he totally ignored the women getting drunk the pool and he left without saying anything!!!! So anyways it gets to 2-10pm while sitting in the sauna and there's no sign of the beautician so we decide to go back to the changing room. Waited in there 5 minutes still no sign. So decided to dry off and get changed and go to reception. Got to reception and asked if the beautician was running late. The same receptionist said that the beautician couldn't find us so she had given our 2pm slot to someone else and put our slot back to 3-30 pm. WHAT????? We explained that we had been waiting in the sauna then changing room so the beautician had not looked very well. I repeat this place is tiny so you can't miss anyone! I complained but the receptionist said there was nothing she could as the beautician was with another customer. So we decided to have afternoon tea then have the massage at 3-30. Not ideal but had no choice. Tea was ok but at 3-20 I went back to reception to check that the beautician was running ok for 3-30 time only to be told that she had made a mistake and our massage time slot was put back to 4-30!!!!!! Well I hit the roof. receptionist told me that the beautician was freelance so not the responsibility of the hotel so i went to the treatment room and waited outside until the beautician appeared. She opened the door and I said my name is mrs Maxfield how come you gave our 2pm time slot to someone else. She said that she couldn't find us. I said that the receptionist told us we could wait in the sauna and the place is very small so she couldn't have looked very well. Then she said that we should have waited outside her room at 2pm. I repeated that the receptionist said she would come to find us in the sauna. Beautician then disputed she was freelance and that she worked for the hotel. So we all went back to the reception upon when the beautician went into a room behind the reception and closed the door out of sight. The original receptionist had now left and was replaced by another young female receptionist. I explained what had happened but she insisted that the beautician was freelance so not their problem. I asked to see the manager but was told no manager on duty today. I also mentioned the drinking in the swimming pool - not sure if any action was taken? Beautician reappeared from the back room and said she was going to rebook us at 4-30 or give us a voucher for another day. After a few choice words I said that I have travelled from over 60 miles away and had to get back home and a voucher was not a good idea in view of the distance. So she said I would get a refund from groupon. Well I don't think I will get very far with them do you. .??? So all in all a totally awful afternoon. Place is a dump with incompetent staff and a totally unprofessional beautician. I wanted to treat myself and my sister a relaxing (upgraded) experience but all we got was NOTHING !!!!! So DON'T bother with this place. It's just not worth it!

13  Thank Spire1963