“Great little tea room”

Ranked #4 of 9 Coffee & Tea in Ashbourne
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We have passed this a number of times and never been in before it was Sunday and they stay open till 5.30pm (closed tues and wed I think) I have carrot cake, my dad had lemon cake and my mum had a proper cream tea, the scone was lovely and warm and moist. All the food was good and I had a fresh made milkshake. The couple that owes it make everything fresh and made by the lady they are happy to chat and we had a good chat about the building very nice place to go.

3  Thank Kataylor1985

Reviewed 25 June 2014

menu on the blackboard, was told had no ingredients to do what was on the menu. just sandwiches. pathentic keep away

3  Thank Leslie F
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Have passed the signs for this tearoom on numerous occasions so decided to stop for breakfast and was not disappointed. Tearoom is quite cosy and was given a warm greeting by the owner. You can have the advertised breakfast/baps or just choose what items you want and they will make it for you. Car parking is available off road at the front of the tearoom.

4  Thank johnhp702
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We had seen this place as we drove by the other day so decided to pop in and sample their cream teas. The owners were very pleasant and the scones were very fresh and the cream was wonderful.

Definately try this place.

5  Thank Tony_and_Kay
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Arrived at the Blueberry Tea Room, quite a distance from Nottinghamshire. We arrived early and was sent away and told to return 1 hour later. Had a pot of tea (PG Tips) a fruit scone, with a small pot of cream and jam. The scone was fresh and still slightly warm and lovely. The whole day outing was a bit disappointing. This is not a reflection on the owners who are warm and welcoming. The parking is a bit precarious, and my husband had to leave whilst eating his scone to move his car allowing another customer to drive away. On the reverse of the menu is a history lesson about the building this we found very interesting. I purchased two Groupon vouchers, and planned to re-visit next week, but I am not sure if I will return. I visited a lovely quaint tea room last month and this set the bar very high!

4  Thank Samuels_9