“A hidden gem!”

Courtyard Cafe & Bistro
Ranked #26 of 95 Restaurants in Ashbourne
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Our lovely friendly Café and Bistro is situated in the Heart of Ashbourne, just off Victoria Square, open 7 days a week and now Wednesday and Friday evenings too! The Café is open from 8:30 to 17:00 Mon to Sat and Sun 9:00 to 16:00. We offer A wide range of Snacks including Jacket Potatoes and Derbyshire oatcakes and many home made options, Full breakfast and Breakfast cobs/Sandwiches and traditional Main Meals. The Cake portions are not small so your can have your favourite coffee and indulge and relax. Our New Evening Bistro Menu is very exciting - A NEW THEME EVERY WEEK - You can reserve your table by phone or website for bookings between from 19:00 to 21:00. Hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Every time I'm in ashbourne I visit this place. Has a lovely atmosphere and great food! A real treat :) recommended to all!

1  Thank Sarah64B

Reviewed 18 June 2014

this twee little cafe is great for dogs, you can sit outside under the canopy and warmth of a heater without upsetting anyone.
Inside has several tables mainly upstairs which are clean and inviting with a warm homely feeling

Nice food and great friendly staff

LOVELY

1  Thank sue d
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I Come here regularly every satday and sometimes sunday for breakfast the staff are really friendly always make feel welcome they do a good selection of foods and cakes

Reviewed 18 February 2014

The café is not very easy to find being tucked away up a very narrow cobbled lane off the main square in Ashbourne. The interior is bright and warm and we were made very welcome. My husband and myself ordered tuna mayo sandwiches on wholemeal bread with salad, coleslaw and crisps. They only cost £3.50 each and were better presented than many I've had in the past. The bread was very fresh and thick cut (just the way I like it) and the salad was very inventive with more than the usual lettuce, cucumber and tomato in it.

2  Thank LindaSi
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Visited while Christmas shopping in Ashbourne, followed the boards up a wonderful little footpath to find the cafe, very cute with a little courtyard which would be wonderful in summer! Very friendly and nice decor. I had a gingerbread latte large only £2.20! You would pay at least £4 for this in costa! good selection of cakes I opted for a filled oatcake it was lovely! again very reasonable I would definitely return!