Stayed for one night 1st November, room was comfortable,clean,warm & large.Very comfortable bed we would have had a really good nights sleep had it not been for our very noisy neighbours in the next room! We had a couple of drinks in the bar when we first arrived & after only a few minutes we felt like we were locals,the staff are so welcoming you feel like you have known them for years! After freshening up returned to the bar to eat, excellent ! The steak & ale pie was superb, my wife had the beef burger, again top quality with chunky chips. Whilst eating our meal a party of 5 walkers from France arrived(no they hadn't walked from France!)obviously miles from where they wanted to be,once the bar became a little quieter the manager took two of them to pick up their car ...approx' 1/2hour away so that they could return to their camp site........ how's that for customer service! Breakfast again superb.OK thats the positives now the negatives, couldn't get the shower to work....no big deal had baths instead, plug in bowl in bathroom wouldn't seal....we managed. All in all a great one night stay.... would we stay here again? Definitely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Snake Pass Inn is a famous landmark pub and watering hole near beautiful Ladybower in the Peak District in the spectacular High Peak area of Derbyshire and The Peak District National Park. With 12 letting bedrooms including a separate apartment block, the Inn offers affordable b&b accommodation in a unique setting amongst some of the finest scenery in the whole of England. Steep-sided, rolling hills, meandering streams, the wild moors of Bleaklow on the Pennine Way and the well known Ladybower, Howden and Derwent reservoirs are all close neighbours of the Snake Pass Inn - so a few days in this part of the world are sure to re-charge the batteries. And with fantastic walking and great scenery straight from the doorstep, you'll need your walking boots, cameras and sketch pads too...! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Snake Pass Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Snake Pass Hotel Peak District National Park
- Snake Pass Inn Bamford, Derbyshire