We called here for a post walk dinner, the bar was steady but not busy, the landlord or barman can't be sure, was serving another customer but failed to acknowledge me. He then preceded to serve some locals out of turn, in my opinion before unceremoniously asking who was next, surely you can keep tabs of a quiet bar? We ordered drinks, a wine & a local bitter, both excellent & well kept. We suggested a tab as we'd like food to be told that we'd have to leave a card behind the bar, a practice I dislike wholeheartedly, so we paid cash. We sat down & looked at the menu, which for a country pub with this potential was a little uninspiring, I dibbed for steak & kidney pie, the wife a spinach cannelloni. The chips served with the pie were a bought in product, so disappointed there, the pie was microwaved which affected the pastry, but otherwise very tasty, the cannelloni was a lasagne, over sauced, but again tasty. Both meals arrived in good time & the service was ok. I fancied a desert so plumbed for a bakewell pudding which was again over microwaved affecting the pastry!
There are things here that are great & things that let the place down, don't treat locals any different from other visitors, we are all customers & I'm always dubious when asked "was that alright?" Like they're expecting complaints?
This could be a gem if the welcome was better & the food all fresh !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in a glorious location, The Yorkshire Bridge Inn is an ideal base from which to explore the exceptional beauty of the Peak District.The quality and integrity of our food & drink is something special. We have fine food prepared using fresh local produce.We have 14 bedrooms offering comfortable accommodation, as well as a variety of bars and dining areas with a friendly atmosphere enjoyed by all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Book Direct Rooms so you can book your The Yorkshire Bridge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Yorkshire Bridge Hotel Bamford
- The Yorkshire Bridge Inn Bamford, Derbyshire