I visited on a Sunday lunchtime with my 18 month old daughter and left wholly unimpressed with the Yorkshire Bridge. The issues were:
- I had to ask 2 times for a side plate so I could share a little food with my daughter
- Having asked the waitress for a tea spoon (for my daughter) and some mustard I felt that the manner of her response indicated I was highlight unlikely to receive these........I was correct. When the waitress returned to the area I was sat in she seemingly tried her hardest not to look in my direction
- The lamb pie, for £12, was really poor, with not very much lamb, but lots of sauce which had an overpowering taste of gravy granules, i.e. not very nice. It was served with 3 small potatoes, 2 limp (overcooked) florets of broccoli and a few slices of overcooked tasteless carrots. For £12....really?
- Whilst I was dining the waitresses brought food to the people at the table next to me no less than 3 times..........they had already eaten and had not ordered more. Obviously a complete lack of functioning communication between kitchen and front of house.
Trading on location. Lesson learnt. Never to return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in a glorious location, The Yorkshire Bridge Inn is an ideal base from which to explore the exceptional beauty of the Peak District.The quality and integrity of our food & drink is something special. We have fine food prepared using fresh local produce.We have 14 bedrooms offering comfortable accommodation, as well as a variety of bars and dining areas with a friendly atmosphere enjoyed by all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Yorkshire Bridge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Yorkshire Bridge Hotel Bamford
- The Yorkshire Bridge Inn Bamford, Derbyshire